Roane State Community College
- Roane State Community College is a comprehensive, public, two-year postsecondary institution and a member of the State University and Community College System governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents. Roane State serves the higher education needs of a widely diverse eight-county service area which includes Roane, Anderson, Loudon, Campbell, Scott, Cumberland, Morgan, and Fentress counties and expands to include Knox and Blount counties for the delivery of health technologies. At multiple staffed teaching locations and with a wide range of distance learning offerings, Roane State provides the benefits of higher education to all who live and work in these different communities.
- The teacher population of 207 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Roane State Community College||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||207 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,094 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,355 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,739 students||262 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$29,400|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
BCM (Baptist Collegiate Ministry), Chemical Society, Early Childhood Education Club
- Roane State Community College has nine locations across East Tennessee the Roane County flagship campus; an Oak Ridge campus; campuses in Campbell, Cumberland, Fentress, Loudon, Morgan and Scott counties; and a center for health science education in West Knoxville. Located on 138 acres near the intersection of Patton Lane and U.S. Highway 70 and three miles off of I-40, the Roane County Campus is the flagship campus and houses all of Roane State's central administration offices. Facilities at this multi-building campus have continued to grow over the years with the most recent addition being a state-of-the-art humanities building which includes a 500-seat theatre. Roane State awards the associate of arts and associate of science degrees to students who wish to transfer to a four-year college or university. For those students seeking immediate career opportunities, licensure, or professional skill upgrading, Roane State awards the associate of applied science degree as well as technical certificates of credit. The college offers career programs for the 21st century workplace and has achieved regional and national distinction for the diversity and quality of its programs in the field of health care. Roane State provides transfer and career preparation study options, as well as continuing education and developmental education. Designed for students who plan to transfer to senior institutions, the Roane State academic transfer curricula include two years of instruction in the humanities, mathematics, natural sciences, and social sciences to build a strong liberal arts background during the freshman and sophomore years. Roane State graduates may transfer to in-state senior institutions or to out-of-state universities and professional schools. Founded in 1971, Roane State is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Roane State Community College is Pellissippi State Community College (25.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,099 students | 25.90 Mi10915 Hardin Valley Road
Knoxville,  TN  37933
- 424 students | 26.50 Mi225 Hiwassee College Drive
Madisonville,  TN  37354
- 123 students | 27.80 Mi10208 Technology Drive
Knoxville,  TN  37932
- 1,241 students | 36.40 Mi3904 Lonas Road
Knoxville,  TN  37909
- 3,500 students | 48.80 Mi3535 Adkisson Drive
Cleveland,  TN  37312