- The teacher population of 51 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|MTI College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||51 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||18||10|
|Total Enrollment||748 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||748 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,800||$34,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||89%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,047||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- From its beginning in Sacramento in 1965, MTI established itself as Sacramento's #1 Vocational school and the area's leader in training individuals for good jobs. No other area college has experienced the achievements that are common to MTI -- from being voted the area's Best Vocational school, to being one of a select few colleges nationally to have earned ABA Approval for its paralegal program. MTI consistently leads the way in vocational training and education. MTI fulfills its mission, goals, and objectives with a two-year Associate in Arts degree in Paralegal Studies and Associate of Applied Science degree options in Business Administration and Microsoft Systems Engineer. Additionally, the college offers the following short-term diploma programs: Computer Support Specialist, Microsoft Systems Engineer, Accounting Technician, Business Support Specialist, Legal Office Specialist, Medical Assisting, and Medical Office Specialist. MTI saw the need for practical, career-oriented training when it first opened its doors in 1965. Our Sacramento campus is one of the very few private colleges in California designed and built exclusively for private career training. MTI prides itself on keeping abreast of the changing needs of the business community and providing Sacramento employers with skilled personnel. MTI College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 29,133 students | 0.70 Mi4700 College Oak Dr
Sacramento,  CA  95841
- 429 students | 2.40 Mi4330 Watt Ave., Suite 400
Sacramento,  CA  95821
- 517 students | 2.90 Mi7301 Greenback Lane, Ste A
Citrus Heights,  CA  95621
- 85 students | 4.90 Mi2339 Gold Meadow Way, Suite 111
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
- n/a students | 5.50 Mi11000 Olson Drive, Suite 100
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.