- The teacher population of 51 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|MTI College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||51 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||18||10|
|Total Enrollment||748 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||748 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,800||$34,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||89%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,047||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- From its beginning in Sacramento in 1965, MTI established itself as Sacramento's #1 Vocational school and the area's leader in training individuals for good jobs. No other area college has experienced the achievements that are common to MTI -- from being voted the area's Best Vocational school, to being one of a select few colleges nationally to have earned ABA Approval for its paralegal program. MTI consistently leads the way in vocational training and education. MTI fulfills its mission, goals, and objectives with a two-year Associate in Arts degree in Paralegal Studies and Associate of Applied Science degree options in Business Administration and Microsoft Systems Engineer. Additionally, the college offers the following short-term diploma programs: Computer Support Specialist, Microsoft Systems Engineer, Accounting Technician, Business Support Specialist, Legal Office Specialist, Medical Assisting, and Medical Office Specialist. MTI saw the need for practical, career-oriented training when it first opened its doors in 1965. Our Sacramento campus is one of the very few private colleges in California designed and built exclusively for private career training. MTI prides itself on keeping abreast of the changing needs of the business community and providing Sacramento employers with skilled personnel. MTI College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 29,133 students | 0.70 Mi4700 College Oak Dr
Sacramento,  CA  95841
- 517 students | 2.90 Mi7301 Greenback Lane, Ste A
Citrus Heights,  CA  95621
- 85 students | 4.90 Mi2339 Gold Meadow Way, Suite 111
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
- n/a students | 5.50 Mi11000 Olson Drive, Suite 100
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
- 1,385 students | 7.50 Mi8909 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento,  CA  95826
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.