- The teacher population of 51 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|MTI College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||51 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||18||10|
|Total Enrollment||748 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||748 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,800||$34,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||89%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,047||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- From its beginning in Sacramento in 1965, MTI established itself as Sacramento's #1 Vocational school and the area's leader in training individuals for good jobs. No other area college has experienced the achievements that are common to MTI -- from being voted the area's Best Vocational school, to being one of a select few colleges nationally to have earned ABA Approval for its paralegal program. MTI consistently leads the way in vocational training and education. MTI fulfills its mission, goals, and objectives with a two-year Associate in Arts degree in Paralegal Studies and Associate of Applied Science degree options in Business Administration and Microsoft Systems Engineer. Additionally, the college offers the following short-term diploma programs: Computer Support Specialist, Microsoft Systems Engineer, Accounting Technician, Business Support Specialist, Legal Office Specialist, Medical Assisting, and Medical Office Specialist. MTI saw the need for practical, career-oriented training when it first opened its doors in 1965. Our Sacramento campus is one of the very few private colleges in California designed and built exclusively for private career training. MTI prides itself on keeping abreast of the changing needs of the business community and providing Sacramento employers with skilled personnel. MTI College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 29,133 students | 0.70 Mi4700 College Oak Dr
Sacramento,  CA  95841
- 429 students | 2.40 Mi4330 Watt Ave., Suite 400
Sacramento,  CA  95821
- 517 students | 2.90 Mi7301 Greenback Lane, Ste A
Citrus Heights,  CA  95621
- 85 students | 4.90 Mi2339 Gold Meadow Way, Suite 111
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
- n/a students | 5.50 Mi11000 Olson Drive, Suite 100
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.