Schuylkill Institute Of Business Technology (Closed 2007)
|Schuylkill Institute Of Business Technology||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Enrollment||77 students||571 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Schuylkill Institute Of Business Technology (SIBT) was founded in 1977 as Schuylkill Business Institute and was created to serve the greater Schuylkill county area by providing post-secondary programs that will prepare students for careers in business. On November 16, 1982, the PA Secretary of education granted SBI approval to offer the Associate in Specialized Business Degree in the Executive Secretary, Business Adminstration/Accounting, and Medical Secretary Programs. The college offers programs in Medical Assistant, Medical Assistant Sciences, Professional Massage Therapist, Business Adminstration: Accounting, Paralegal/Legal Secretary, Secretarial Science: Executive Option, Network Internet Proffesional, Drafting Technology: Mechanical, Drafting Technology: Architectural, Graphic Design. Our new facility includes air-conditioned classrooms, administrative offices, a student lounge, instructional resource centre and abundant free parking. The computer lab and medical assistant labs are new with equipment.
The nearest community college to Schuylkill Institute Of Business Technology is Mccann school of business and technology (Mahanoy city) (9.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 148 students | 9.30 Mi47 south main street
Mahanoy City,  PA  17948
(570) 773-1820 9.30148
- 777 students | 26.10 Mi2205 Ridgewood Rd
Wyomissing,  PA  19610
(610) 372-1722 26.10777
- 1,269 students | 26.60 Mi735 Cumberland St
Lebanon,  PA  17042
(717) 270-4222 26.601,269
- 4,199 students | 27.80 Mi10 S Second St
Reading,  PA  19602
(610) 372-4721 27.804,199
- 5 students | 27.90 Mi606 Court St Suite 404
Reading,  PA  19601
(610) 375-1212 27.905
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.