Schuylkill Institute Of Business Technology (Closed 2007)
|Schuylkill Institute Of Business Technology||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||77 students||618 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Schuylkill Institute Of Business Technology (SIBT) was founded in 1977 as Schuylkill Business Institute and was created to serve the greater Schuylkill county area by providing post-secondary programs that will prepare students for careers in business. On November 16, 1982, the PA Secretary of education granted SBI approval to offer the Associate in Specialized Business Degree in the Executive Secretary, Business Adminstration/Accounting, and Medical Secretary Programs. The college offers programs in Medical Assistant, Medical Assistant Sciences, Professional Massage Therapist, Business Adminstration: Accounting, Paralegal/Legal Secretary, Secretarial Science: Executive Option, Network Internet Proffesional, Drafting Technology: Mechanical, Drafting Technology: Architectural, Graphic Design. Our new facility includes air-conditioned classrooms, administrative offices, a student lounge, instructional resource centre and abundant free parking. The computer lab and medical assistant labs are new with equipment.
- The nearest community college to Schuylkill Institute Of Business Technology is McCann School of Business & Technology (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,346 students | 2.20 Mi2650 Woodglen Road
Pottsville,  PA  17901
- 148 students | 9.20 Mi47 south main street
Mahanoy City,  PA  17948
- 985 students | 26.10 Mi2205 Ridgewood Rd
Reading,  PA  19610
- 1,269 students | 26.70 Mi735 Cumberland St
Lebanon,  PA  17042
- 4,198 students | 27.70 Mi10 S Second St
Reading,  PA  19603
Today’s cosmetology programs have a new face that includes business training. Learn about the future of cosmetology programs at community colleges.
Choosing a college major can be tough, but you also need to think about choosing the right type of degree. Keep reading to learn about the five different types of college degrees and your earning potential for each one.
To a graduating high school senior, grades are everything. But how do colleges view bad grades and can you still get into college without a perfect GPA? Keep reading to find out.