- The American Academy of Dramatic Arts has been training professional actors for over one hundred and twenty years. The Academy trains actors for stage, film and television by means of a structured, professionally-oriented program that stresses self-discovery, self-discipline and individuality.
American Academy of Dramatic Arts-Los Angeles serves 106 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 2:1 is lower than the state community college average of 21:1.
Minority enrollment is 63% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 74%.
- Enrollment: 106 students
- Private-state tuition: $30,650
- Acceptance Rate: 89%
- Student:teacher ratio: 2:1
- Minority enrollment: 63%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 57 teachers has grown by 171% over five years.
American Academy of Dramatic Arts-Los Angeles
(CA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of American Academy of Dramatic Arts-Los Angeles has declined by 62% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 2:1 has decreased from 4:1 over five years.
The American Academy of Dramatic Arts-Los Angeles diversity score of 0.75 is more than the state average of 0.71. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $30,650 is more than the state average of $21,083. The private state tuition has declined by 10% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The Academy offers a two-year professional training program, a third year advanced performance program (The Academy Company) and a six-week summer program, in both New York and Hollywood. The Academy stresses practical, professional training for stage, film and television. The program is highly structured, focusing on acting, voice and speech, and movement, with an emphasis on self-discipline, self-discovery and, above all, individuality. At each stage of development, students' classroom knowledge is tested through onstage performances. Students who excel may be invited to join the Academy Company. Participation in the Academy Company offers actors further performance opportunities, often in the presence of casting directors, agents and other industry professionals. The Academy's California home on 1336 North La Brea Avenue between Sunset and Santa Monica Boulevards is in the heart of Los Angeles--the entertainment capital of the West Coast. The Los Angeles campus is built on what was formerly the Charlie Chaplin studio lot, and is a state of the art facility with classrooms, acting studios, a costume and props shop and a television studio. Financial aid programs and services assist students and families with paying for the cost of attendance. Students and their families must demonstrate financial need. Financial aid packages may consist of a combination of grants, scholarships, campus employment, and loans. All packages are tailored to meet each student's need. The Academy participates in various federal and state financial aid programs and offers a choice of payment plans as well as scholarship. Complete details regarding financial aid are available through the Financial Aid Office.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does American Academy of Dramatic Arts-Los Angeles cost?
American Academy of Dramatic Arts-Los Angeles's private state tuition is approximately $30,650.
What is the acceptance rate of American Academy of Dramatic Arts-Los Angeles?
The acceptance rate of American Academy of Dramatic Arts-Los Angeles is 89%, which is equal to the state average of 89%.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.
Careers: Culinary Training
Learn about highly acclaimed culinary programs at community colleges.