- Santa Barbara Business College is a California technical school that helps people just like you learn marketable career skills. After all, without a good career, it can be difficult to enjoy all the wonderful things California has to offer. Santa Barbara Business College offers a number of programs in different career fields, not just in business but also in healthcare, computers and the legal profession. If you're interested in learning what it takes to become a successful graduate of Santa Barbara Business College-whether in California medical training or in a California business program-one of Santa Barbara Business College's career college programs might be the perfect answer to get you started on a new career.
Santa Barbara Business College-Bakersfield serves 99 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 2:1 is lower than the state community college average of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 77% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 74%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 99 students
- In-state tuition: $14,642
- Out-state tuition: $14,642
- Acceptance Rate: 55%
- Student:teacher ratio: 2:1
- Minority enrollment: 77%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Santa Barbara Business College-Bakersfield ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
The teacher population of 46 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Santa Barbara Business College-Bakersfield
(CA) Community College Avg.
Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Santa Barbara Business College-Bakersfield has declined by 70% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 2:1 has decreased from 7:1 over five years.
The Santa Barbara Business College-Bakersfield diversity score of 0.53 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $14,642 is more than the state average of $1,246. The in-state tuition has grown by 46% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $14,642 is more than the state average of $6,603. The out-state tuition has grown by 46% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Santa Barbara Business College-Bakersfield cost?
Santa Barbara Business College-Bakersfield's tuition is approximately $14,642 for In-State students and $14,642 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Santa Barbara Business College-Bakersfield?
The acceptance rate of Santa Barbara Business College-Bakersfield is 55%, which is lower than the state average of 80%.
What is Santa Barbara Business College-Bakersfield's ranking?
Santa Barbara Business College-Bakersfield ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Percent of students receiving financial aid.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.