Tel: (904) 363-6221
- The Sanford-Brown Institute, founded in 1977, is a private, career-oriented postsecondary school offering focused, quality, short-term career training in a variety of medical and healthcare fields including surgical technology, medical billing and coding, medical assistance and massage therapy. SBI operates in 15 campuses located in nine states.
The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Sanford-Brown Institute-Jacksonville||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||18 staff||55 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Sanford-Brown's career training programs are developed and refined based upon input from employers, graduates, faculty and students, and are designed to provide the professional training necessary to compete for and maintain entry-level employment to begin a medical career. Our career development programs focus on applied learning and typically include hands-on training in medical laboratories. Many of Sanford-Brown's career training programs include full-time, unpaid clinical externships in a healthcare setting. This condensed format is designed to enable the prospective student to prepare rapidly for entry into a new career in the medical field. The career development training program options includes Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Surgical Technology, Advanced Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant and Medical Billing & Coding Specialist (Health Information Specialist). Sanford-Brown Jacksonville is offers program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. This program is designed to provide the student with preparation for entry-level responsibilities as a diagnostic medical sonographer. The curriculum addresses fundamental topics in sonographic physics and instrumentations, abdominal, small parts, OB/GYN, gray scale and color-flow Doppler sonography. Both day and evening programs include a full-time, unpaid clinical externship. The programs courses are designed to prepare students for entry-level jobs that may involve interacting with patients, preparing patient histories, performing non-invasive procedures using ultrasound equipment, preparing ultrasound study reports to assist physicians in the diagnosis of certain patient conditions and Working with a team of professionals in sonography and other healthcare areas.
The nearest community college to Sanford-Brown Institute-Jacksonville is Sunstate Academy-Jones Technical Institute (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 307 students | 1.90 Mi8813 Western Way
Jacksonville,  FL  32256
(904) 328-5600 1.90307
- 704 students | 4.40 Mi7259 Salisbury Road
Jacksonville,  FL  32256
(904) 725-0525 4.40704
- 164 students | 9.10 Mi3563 Phillips Highway Building E Suite 501
Jacksonville,  FL  32207
(904) 398-4141 9.10164
- 431 students | 9.50 Mi700 Blanding Blvd. Suite 16
Orange Park,  FL  32065
(904) 269-7086 9.50431
- 23,413 students | 12.50 Mi501 W State St
Jacksonville,  FL  32202
(904) 633-8100 12.5023,413
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.