Fortis College-Orange Park
Tel: (904) 269-7086
- At Fortis College, we pride ourselves in providing postsecondary career education to both traditional and nontraditional students through a variety of degree and diploma programs. These programs are designed to assist students in enhancing their career opportunities and improving problem-solving abilities. Fortis College also strives to develop within its students the desire for lifelong and continued education. We provide an educational process that offers a change-oriented approach giving graduates the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in existing and emerging career occupations. Our mission is to attract and retain qualified instructors who are effective in the classroom and familiar with appropriate current medical, and/or technical practices; and to develop in students a professional attitude and an awareness of contemporary career practices through exposure to pragmatic course content and to faculty currently engaged in enterprise.
The teacher population of 37 teachers has grown by 54% over five years.
|Fortis College-Orange Park||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Health Professions||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||37 staff||128 staff|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Fortis College-Orange Park is Concorde Career Institute-Jacksonville (8.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 555 students | 8.30 Mi7259 Salisbury Road
Jacksonville, FL 32256
(904) 725-0525 8.30555
- 164 students | 8.50 Mi3563 Phillips Highway Building E Suite 501
Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904) 398-4141 8.50164
- 307 students | 8.80 Mi8813 Western Way
Jacksonville, FL 32256
(904) 328-5600 8.80307
- 23,413 students | 10.70 Mi501 W State St
Jacksonville, FL 32202
(904) 646-2300 10.7023,413
- 7,392 students | 37.20 Mi5001 Saint Johns Ave
Palatka, FL 32177
(386) 312-4200 37.207,392
If mixing your creativity with beautiful glass sounds inspiring, consider starting your hobby or career in glass blowing at community college.
Utilize our advice and practical tips for students interested in transferring community college credits to a four-year university.
We look at the many opportunities teens and kids can explore the local community college campus, through college-sponsored classes, camps and other activities.