Rogers State University
- Rogers State University is a regional four-year university in northeastern Oklahoma recognized for its high-quality academic programs, nurturing scholastic atmosphere, distance learning options, and high-technology learning environment.
Top Placements (Oklahoma)
Listed among the top community colleges in Oklahoma for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- The teacher population of 157 teachers has declined by 19% over five years.
|Rogers State University||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||157 staff||58 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,030 students||1,805 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||29:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,411 students||849 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,619 students||956 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,406 students||840 students|
|# Graduate Students||5 students||5 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||350|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,300||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- RSU was founded in 1909 – just two years after Oklahoma was granted statehood. The university was officially established as Eastern University Preparatory School in Claremore by the Oklahoma Legislature in its second session. The mission of the Eastern University Preparatory School was to prepare the sons and daughters of Native Americans, farmers, and ranchers for entry into the colleges and universities of Oklahoma. Rogers State University is recognized for its quality academic programs, distance learning options, and high-technology learning environment with campuses in Claremore, Bartlesville, and Pryor. RSU is a national pioneer and leader in distance education. RSU was the first university in Oklahoma to offer bachelor's and associate's degrees entirely via the Internet. RSU offers a variety of bachelor's and associate's degrees to assist our students in achieving their personal and professional goals. RSU offers Bachelor's Degrees in Applied Technology, Biology (Options in Environmental Conservation and Medical and Molecular), Business Administration (Options in Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Human Resources, and Management), Business Information Technology (Options in Computer Network Administration and Software Development and Multimedia), Communications (Options in Corporate Communications and Radio and Television), Justice Administration (Option in Law Enforcement), Liberal Arts, and Social Science (Options in History and Political Science and Psychology and Sociology). RSU also offers a wide variety of Associate's Degrees including Art, Business, Education, and Nursing. Rogers State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). RSU is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Rogers State University is Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology (16.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 849 students | 16.80 Mi8820 East Pine Street
Tulsa,  OK  74115
- 465 students | 18.50 Mi3138 S Garnett
Tulsa,  OK  74146
- 164 students | 19.10 Mi4343 S. 118th E. Ave, Suite A
Tulsa,  OK  74146
- 543 students | 19.60 Mi4608 S Garnett Rd Ste 110
Tulsa,  OK  74146
- 305 students | 20.40 Mi3131 South Sheridan
Tulsa,  OK  74145
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.