- Rogers State University is a regional four-year university in northeastern Oklahoma recognized for its high-quality academic programs, nurturing scholastic atmosphere, distance learning options, and high-technology learning environment.
Rogers State University serves 3,400 students (65% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 39% of the student body (majority American and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 45%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 3,400 students
- In-state tuition: $5,725
- Out-state tuition: $12,766
- Acceptance Rate: 77%
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 39%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Rogers State University ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Oklahoma for:
The teacher population of 342 teachers has grown by 117% over five years.
Rogers State University
(OK) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Rogers State University has declined by 8% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Rogers State University diversity score of 0.59 is less than the state average of 0.66. The school's diversity has declined by 6% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $5,725 is more than the state average of $3,475. The in-state tuition has declined by 16% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $12,766 is more than the state average of $7,963. The out-state tuition has declined by 16% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
ACT Total Avg.
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- RSU was founded in 1909 – just two years after Oklahoma was granted statehood. The university was officially established as Eastern University Preparatory School in Claremore by the Oklahoma Legislature in its second session. The mission of the Eastern University Preparatory School was to prepare the sons and daughters of Native Americans, farmers, and ranchers for entry into the colleges and universities of Oklahoma. Rogers State University is recognized for its quality academic programs, distance learning options, and high-technology learning environment with campuses in Claremore, Bartlesville, and Pryor. RSU is a national pioneer and leader in distance education. RSU was the first university in Oklahoma to offer bachelor's and associate's degrees entirely via the Internet. RSU offers a variety of bachelor's and associate's degrees to assist our students in achieving their personal and professional goals. RSU offers Bachelor's Degrees in Applied Technology, Biology (Options in Environmental Conservation and Medical and Molecular), Business Administration (Options in Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Human Resources, and Management), Business Information Technology (Options in Computer Network Administration and Software Development and Multimedia), Communications (Options in Corporate Communications and Radio and Television), Justice Administration (Option in Law Enforcement), Liberal Arts, and Social Science (Options in History and Political Science and Psychology and Sociology). RSU also offers a wide variety of Associate's Degrees including Art, Business, Education, and Nursing. Rogers State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). RSU is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Rogers State University cost?
Rogers State University's tuition is approximately $5,725 for In-State students and $12,766 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Rogers State University?
The acceptance rate of Rogers State University is 77%, which is higher than the state average of 47%.
What is Rogers State University's ranking?
Rogers State University ranks among the top 20% of community college in Oklahoma for: Percent of students receiving financial aid and Largest student body.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.