Rogers State University
- Rogers State University is a regional four-year university in northeastern Oklahoma recognized for its high-quality academic programs, nurturing scholastic atmosphere, distance learning options, and high-technology learning environment.
- The teacher population of 157 teachers has declined by 23% over five years.
|Rogers State University||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||157 staff||58 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,030 students||1,825 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||32:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,411 students||869 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,619 students||956 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,406 students||849 students|
|# Graduate Students||5 students||5 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||312|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.55||0.60|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,300||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- RSU was founded in 1909 – just two years after Oklahoma was granted statehood. The university was officially established as Eastern University Preparatory School in Claremore by the Oklahoma Legislature in its second session. The mission of the Eastern University Preparatory School was to prepare the sons and daughters of Native Americans, farmers, and ranchers for entry into the colleges and universities of Oklahoma. Rogers State University is recognized for its quality academic programs, distance learning options, and high-technology learning environment with campuses in Claremore, Bartlesville, and Pryor. RSU is a national pioneer and leader in distance education. RSU was the first university in Oklahoma to offer bachelor's and associate's degrees entirely via the Internet. RSU offers a variety of bachelor's and associate's degrees to assist our students in achieving their personal and professional goals. RSU offers Bachelor's Degrees in Applied Technology, Biology (Options in Environmental Conservation and Medical and Molecular), Business Administration (Options in Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Human Resources, and Management), Business Information Technology (Options in Computer Network Administration and Software Development and Multimedia), Communications (Options in Corporate Communications and Radio and Television), Justice Administration (Option in Law Enforcement), Liberal Arts, and Social Science (Options in History and Political Science and Psychology and Sociology). RSU also offers a wide variety of Associate's Degrees including Art, Business, Education, and Nursing. Rogers State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). RSU is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 849 students | 16.80 Mi8820 East Pine Street
Tulsa,  OK  74115
- 465 students | 18.50 Mi3138 S Garnett
Tulsa,  OK  74146
- 164 students | 19.10 Mi4343 S. 118th E. Ave, Suite A
Tulsa,  OK  74146
- 543 students | 19.60 Mi4608 S Garnett Rd Ste 110
Tulsa,  OK  74146
- 305 students | 20.40 Mi3131 South Sheridan
Tulsa,  OK  74145
October 22, 2017
Learn about the changing tide in male enrollment at community colleges, as well as the catalysts behind the increase in men on campus.
October 20, 2017
When you first start college you may be overwhelmed by the newness of it. But keep these common mistakes in mind as you go through your first year to make sure that you are properly setup for the rest of your college career and your life thereafter.
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.