Rogers State University
Tel: (918) 343-7777
- Rogers State University is a regional four-year university in northeastern Oklahoma recognized for its high-quality academic programs, nurturing scholastic atmosphere, distance learning options, and high-technology learning environment.
The teacher population of 157 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rogers State University||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||157 staff||59 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- RSU was founded in 1909 – just two years after Oklahoma was granted statehood. The university was officially established as Eastern University Preparatory School in Claremore by the Oklahoma Legislature in its second session. The mission of the Eastern University Preparatory School was to prepare the sons and daughters of Native Americans, farmers, and ranchers for entry into the colleges and universities of Oklahoma. Rogers State University is recognized for its quality academic programs, distance learning options, and high-technology learning environment with campuses in Claremore, Bartlesville, and Pryor. RSU is a national pioneer and leader in distance education. RSU was the first university in Oklahoma to offer bachelor's and associate's degrees entirely via the Internet. RSU offers a variety of bachelor's and associate's degrees to assist our students in achieving their personal and professional goals. RSU offers Bachelor's Degrees in Applied Technology, Biology (Options in Environmental Conservation and Medical and Molecular), Business Administration (Options in Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Human Resources, and Management), Business Information Technology (Options in Computer Network Administration and Software Development and Multimedia), Communications (Options in Corporate Communications and Radio and Television), Justice Administration (Option in Law Enforcement), Liberal Arts, and Social Science (Options in History and Political Science and Psychology and Sociology). RSU also offers a wide variety of Associate's Degrees including Art, Business, Education, and Nursing. Rogers State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). RSU is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Rogers State University is Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology (17.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 979 students | 17.20 Mi8820 East Pine Street
Tulsa,  OK  74115
(800) 331-1204 17.20979
- 164 students | 19.20 Mi4343 S. 118th E. Ave, Suite A
Tulsa,  OK  74146
(918) 835-8288 19.20164
- 543 students | 19.70 Mi4608 S Garnett Rd Ste 110
Tulsa,  OK  74146
(918) 628-3700 19.70543
- 348 students | 20.60 Mi3131 South Sheridan
Tulsa,  OK  74145
(918) 610-0027 20.60348
- 267 students | 21.00 Mi3801 S Sheridan
Tulsa,  OK  74145
(918) 663-9000 21.00267
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.