Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology
- As an aeronautical college that has been training people since 1928, Spartan has an extensive history of contributions to the aviation industry. From the beauty of simple careers that formed the backbone of an industry which is taking us into space, to those leadership positions that are spearheading the advancing technology of the industry, Spartan is well represented all over the world. We have become more than simply a training institution, but also a fellowship. We're a community of those committed to meeting the needs of the ever evolving world of aviation, aerospace, manufacturing, and other related technological fields.
Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology places among the top 20% of community colleges in Oklahoma for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 60 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||60 staff||58 staff|
|Total Enrollment||849 students||1,805 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||29:1|
|# Full-Time Students||849 students||849 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||312||350|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$44,800||$33,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Spartan has over 247,000 square feet of training facilities on three campuses and located at two Tulsa-area airports. Spartan maintains industry-current equipment to offer hands-on training that prepares students for entry-level career positions. Spartan has over 25 aircraft for technical training and maintains a fleet of over 45 aircraft for flight training. Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology offers programs in Professional Pilot, Aviation Maintenance, Avionics Maintenance and Quality Control/Nondestructive Testing. Spartan offers associate of applied science degrees, and a bachelor's degree program. Spartan is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Private and Vocational Schools (OBPVS). Most courses are approved by the Oklahoma State Accrediting Agency for Veterans (GI Bill). The Aviation Maintenance Technician Programs and Flight Programs are approved by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- The nearest community college to Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology is Career Point College (Tulsa) (4.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 465 students | 4.30 Mi3138 S Garnett
Tulsa,  OK  74146
- 305 students | 4.30 Mi3131 South Sheridan
Tulsa,  OK  74145
- 926 students | 4.70 Mi2545 E. 11th Street
Tulsa,  OK  74104
- 276 students | 4.80 Mi3801 S Sheridan
Tulsa,  OK  74145
- 17,861 students | 5.10 Mi6111 E Skelly Dr
Tulsa,  OK  74135
Learn the important role community colleges have take in improving homeland security.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.