Platt College-San Diego
- The mission of Platt College San Diego is to identify the natural talents of its students and build those talents into strengths that will serve as personal assets in a career oriented society. Our mission includes the promotion of self-belief, respect for others and a commitment to the ethic of focused work.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 25% over five years.
|Platt College-San Diego||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||316 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||316 students||1,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,100||$34,900|
- A leader amongst the graphic art schools in San Diego, Platt College takes a unique approach with its students. Its education programs are designed to empower its students and generate an atmosphere of learning and development. Students can choose from various specialties: From video production, 3D animation, graphic design, development multimedia training, game animation, video game design to website design classes. Graduates enter the work place with a strong foundation and are able to meet future challenges and adapt to the evolving job market. Platt College San Diego consists of approximately 16,700 square feet of classrooms, computer labs, library, and administrative area. The facilities for core curriculum courses accommodate a maximum of 28 students. The general education lecture classrooms accommodate a maximum of 30 students. Class sizes vary, but the average per session is 28 students at the associate terms and 20 students at the specialized terms. In all cases, class sizes are carefully controlled to provide individualized assistance to the student body. Platt College San Diego consistently update equipment and software to remain current with high-end industries within the professional realm. Platt College San Diego seeks to teach its students both traditional and contemporary skills within a supportive environment that stimulates the incubation of new ideas and stretches the minds and talents of its students. Because the fields in which we instruct are in a constant state of development, our emphasis is on providing a foundation in problem solving skills to meet future challenges and the needs of a changing and constantly evolving job market. The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT), listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency, accredit Platt College San Diego. The primary purpose of ACCSCT and other accrediting agencies is to establish and maintain high educational standards and ethical business practices among its accredited institutions.
- The nearest community college to Platt College-San Diego is San Diego Community College District-District Office (3.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 3.40 Mi3375 Camino Del Rio S
San Diego,  CA  92108
- n/a students | 4.10 Mi6602 Convoy Court Ste 100
San Diego,  CA  92111
- 967 students | 4.70 Mi4393 Imperial Avenue, Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92113
- 18,040 students | 5.00 Mi8800 Grossmont College Dr
El Cajon,  CA  92020
- 438 students | 5.50 Mi1615 Murray Canyon Road, Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92108