Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas City
- Pinnacle Career Institute is the right choice for practical career training in today's dynamic job market. We are more than 60 years strong in helping qualified students define success in their chosen field. We offer relevant career training in the medical, health & fitness, trades & technical, and alternative energy industries. Our instructors bring real world experience to the classroom to help you gain the skills that today's employers demand.
Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas City places among the top 20% of community colleges in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas City||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||23 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||580 students||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||580 students||514 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,500||$31,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Pinnacle Career Institute has been delivering quality educational programs since 1953 when it first opened its doors as Electronics Institute, a technical college in Missouri. Mr. Jeffrey C. Freeman and Scott F. Freeman purchased the school on June 2, 1992, and began the process of diversifying the programs available on the campus. With the addition of programs in Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Business Office Administrator and Medical Office Assistant, the school changed its name in September 2002 to more accurately reflect the diverse educational programs - Pinnacle Career Institute. As a vocational school, Pinnacle Career Institute has been adapting to the times and the needs of our students. To this end, we began offering Associate degrees in 1987 to better assist students in reaching their career goals. We offer two convenient campus locations (including one of the premier training colleges in Kansas City, MO and one of the best colleges in Lawrence, KS) and a unique online experience. Pinnacle Career Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at,http://www.pcitraining.edu/consumerinfo
- The nearest community college to Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas City is National American University-Overland Park (6.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 382 students | 6.70 Mi10310 Mastin
Overland Park,  KS  66212
- 18,222 students | 6.90 Mi3200 Broadway
Kansas City,  MO  64111
- 19,429 students | 8.00 Mi12345 College Blvd
Overland Park,  KS  66210
- 458 students | 8.40 Mi9705 Lenexa Dr.
Lenexa,  KS  66215
- 590 students | 8.70 Mi3239 Broadway
Kansas City,  MO  64111
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.