- Pinnacle Career Institute is the right choice for practical career training in today's dynamic job market. We are more than 60 years strong in helping qualified students define success in their chosen field. We offer relevant career training in the medical, health & fitness, trades & technical, and alternative energy industries. Our instructors bring real world experience to the classroom to help you gain the skills that today's employers demand.
Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas City serves 508 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the state community college average of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 44% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 38%.
- Enrollment: 508 students
- In-state tuition: $14,048
- Out-state tuition: $14,048
- Acceptance Rate: 76%
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 44%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas City ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
The teacher population of 47 teachers has grown by 104% over five years.
Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas City
(MO) Community College Avg.
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Number of Programs Offered
The student population of Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas City has grown by 104% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 8:1 over five years.
The Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas City diversity score of 0.61 is more than the state average of 0.56. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $14,048 is more than the state average of $4,464. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $14,048 is more than the state average of $6,120. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Pinnacle Career Institute has been delivering quality educational programs since 1953 when it first opened its doors as Electronics Institute, a technical college in Missouri. Mr. Jeffrey C. Freeman and Scott F. Freeman purchased the school on June 2, 1992, and began the process of diversifying the programs available on the campus. With the addition of programs in Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Business Office Administrator and Medical Office Assistant, the school changed its name in September 2002 to more accurately reflect the diverse educational programs - Pinnacle Career Institute. As a vocational school, Pinnacle Career Institute has been adapting to the times and the needs of our students. To this end, we began offering Associate degrees in 1987 to better assist students in reaching their career goals. We offer two convenient campus locations (including one of the premier training colleges in Kansas City, MO and one of the best colleges in Lawrence, KS) and a unique online experience. Pinnacle Career Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at,http://www.pcitraining.edu/consumerinfo
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas City cost?
Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas City's tuition is approximately $14,048 for In-State students and $14,048 for Out-State students.
What schools are Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas City often compared to?
Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas Cityis often viewed alongside schools like Vatterott College-Kansas City by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas City?
The acceptance rate of Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas City is 76%, which is lower than the state average of 92%.
What is Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas City's ranking?
Pinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas City ranks among the top 20% of community college in Missouri for: Diversity in US community colleges and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
How to Take Online Community College Classes for Free
Learn about programs across the country that allow students to take online community college classes for free.
A Nontraditional Student’s Guide to Community College
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Beyond the High School Classroom: The Pros and Cons of Dual Enrollment
Explore the intricacies of dual enrollment, a growing educational trend that allows high school students to earn college credits. This comprehensive guide delves into its history, eligibility requirements, benefits, and drawbacks, offering valuable insights for both parents and students considering this path.