Pennsylvania State University-Penn State DuBois
- Penn State DuBois is a warm, friendly campus of over 1,000 students, a place where people care about one another. Our faculty have advanced degrees from the best institutions in the world and are award-winning, gifted teachers. We keep our classes small so that our students have every opportunity to interact with their instructors and so that our instructors have the opportunity to make the difference in students' lives. Penn State DuBois offers three 4-year programs and 11 associate degree programs. Our course schedule includes a full daytime schedule as well as extended evening hours and Saturday classes. We also have a very active outreach program that serves business, industry, and our service area with credit and noncredit programs. Our goal here is to touch everyone we meet for the better-literally to change lives so that people can realize their dreams.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State DuBois places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania State University-Penn State DuBois||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||48 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||615 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||467 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||148 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$54,300||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pennsylvania State University-Penn State DuBois is Triangle Tech Inc-Dubois (2.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 147 students | 2.70 Mi225 Tannery Row Road
Falls Creek,  PA  15840
- 95 students | 41.40 Mi422 S 13th St
Indiana,  PA  15701
- 29 students | 50.50 MiOil City Campus 701 East Third Street
Oil City,  PA  16301
- 630 students | 52.80 Mi480 Waupelani Dr
State College,  PA  16801
- 906 students | 53.10 Mi500 Innovation Drive
Blairsville,  PA  15717
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.