- Parkland College is a comprehensive community college in Illinois dedicated to providing programs and services of high quality to its students and committed to continuous improvement, to academic achievement and its documentation, and to the concept of shared governance.
- Enrollment: 6,510 students
- In-state tuition: $9,555
- Out-state tuition: $14,355
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 41%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Parkland College is a fully accredited, public community college established to serve the needs of District 505, the third largest community college district in Illinois. Parkland has delivered vocational-technical and academic instruction to more than 235,000 people since its classes began in 1967, according to 2009 data. Our college has become a center for educational opportunity and community enrichment in east central Illinois and has earned a national reputation for its excellent academic standards, innovative programs, and quality instruction. Built on 233 acres of landscaped grounds in Champaign, Illinois, Parkland is centrally located and accessible to all 54 communities in the district. Our beautiful, quiet campus is situated near the intersection of interstate highways 57, 72, and 74 and is just a seven- to 10-minute drive from the University of Illinois campus. Parkland is one of the most advanced community colleges in the nation. Our facilities include more than 85 classrooms, 60 specialized labs, a library collection of over 120,000 volumes, an FM radio station, an educational TV station, an experimental agricultural land laboratory, an art gallery, and excellent physical education and recreation facilities, including a fitness center. Our cultural center contains a 320-seat performing arts theater and a 50-foot dome planetarium, the second largest in Illinois. Parkland also has a child development center to serve the needs of faculty, staff, students, and families in our community. Parkland maintains over 100 degree and certificate programs designed for career and job placement or for transfer to programs at four-year institutions. The college confers the Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Fine Arts, Associate in Engineering Science, Associate in Applied Science, and Associate in General Studies degrees in an array of traditional and nontraditional disciplines. See our catalog for degree/course descriptions. We also provide numerous academic support services and resources, including the library, peer tutoring, the Writing Center, the Learning Lab, the Academic Development Center, and online student learning tools and activities. Parkland College has provided affordable vocational-technical and academic education to area residents since 1966. Today more than 11,400 credit and noncredit students come to us for our career and transfer programs, community classes and workshops, and online courses.