Otero Junior College
- Founded in 1941, Otero Junior College is located on an attractive 40-acre campus on the southern edge of La Junta, Colorado. Otero Junior College is proud of its reputation as one of the finest community colleges in the State of Colorado. Our students can be found working in many of today's high demand careers, including fast-growing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) careers. OJC is an accredited Hispanic Serving Institution and provides cutting edge education that offers various two-year degrees, transfer degrees in preparation for four-year bachelor degree programs, and workforce ready certificates. Areas of study include: Agriculture, Behavioral Science, Business Administration, Elementary Education, Psychology, Secondary Education, and many more. Associate of Applied Science Degree Programs including Business, Medical Laboratory Technician, and Associate Nursing Degree just to name a few. Certificate Programs including Practical Nursing, Nurse Aide, Phlebotomy, Law Enforcement Training, Cosmetology, Agri-Business Management, plus many others.
- Enrollment: 1,216 students
- In-state tuition: $5,060
- Out-state tuition: $8,130
- Student:teacher ratio: 4:1
- Minority enrollment: 49%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Otero Junior College is located on an attractive 40-acre campus in La Junta, CO. approximately 60 miles southeast of Pueblo, CO in beautiful Southeastern Colorado. OJC serves the local counties of Otero, Bent, and Crowley. The dormitory at Otero Junior College is only a short walk from classrooms. The commute to OJC is short and stress free for area students because traffic is not heavy. Parking is free and close to the classrooms. The community offers many fun events and activities. Small class sizes allow for personal interaction with faculty. Usually no more than 30 people in a class. Participation in class is easier because of smaller classes and faculty are able to spend more time with students individually. Computer Labs are not overcrowded and they are located all around the campus so you are sure to have access to technical resources. You're not just another number with a student population of only about 1,300. The library is quiet and not crowded with students, providing you with a place to concentrate. There is a wide array of social and recreational activities including intramural and intercollegiate sports and the performing arts. Students have access to the basketball/volleyball court, weight room, tennis courts, soccer field, and nearby baseball diamond and swimming pool. The Student Center provides pool, ping-pong, and air hockey tables so that students can relax. The Otero Players allow students to participate in stage productions of world drama. The Otero Arts Festival gives students opportunity to display their artwork. Various clubs and organizations represent a wide variety of student interests.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Otero Junior College cost?
Otero Junior College's tuition is approximately $5,060 for In-State students and $8,130 for Out-State students.
What sports does Otero Junior College offer?
Otero Junior College offers 8 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Equestrian, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball and Wrestling.