Ohio Valley College of Technology
- Ohio Valley College of Technology is an institution of higher learning dedicated to allowing the student to grow both personally and professionally so the student is employable after graduation. OVCT will help you reach your educational goals by providing specialized training in career fields that are necessary to succeed in a competitive job market, while developing communication skills, interpersonal skills and citizenship responsibilities.For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, www.ovct.edu/academic-programs
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ohio Valley College of Technology||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||146 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||130 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||16 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$22,400||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- OVCT, founded in 1886, is a two-year private institution offering Occupational Associate Degrees in Applied Business. Located in East Liverpool Ohio, the campus is easily accessible from the intersection of Ohio State Routes 11 & 7 and US Route 30. Offering its students a small college experience allows a more personalized approach to college. Here, instructors genuinely care about their students. With a low student-faculty ratio, more one-on-one attention is provided in the classroom. The college offers career programs in Medical Assisting, Dental Assisting.Nursing Medical Office Administration, Business Administration The Ohio Valley College of Technology is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award Occupational Associate Degrees in Applied Business and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- The nearest community college to Ohio Valley College of Technology is Kent State University at East Liverpool (4.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,481 students | 4.40 Mi400 E 4th St
East Liverpool,  OH  43920
- 2,255 students | 13.90 Mi1 Campus Drive
Monaca,  PA  15061
- 1,799 students | 18.70 Mi2491 State Route 45 South
Salem,  OH  44460
- n/a students | 21.70 Mi4000 Sunset Blvd
Steubenville,  OH  43952
- 2,045 students | 26.80 Mi1111 McKee Road
Oakdale,  PA  15071
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.