- Ohio Valley College of Technology is an institution of higher learning dedicated to allowing the student to grow both personally and professionally so the student is employable after graduation. OVCT will help you reach your educational goals by providing specialized training in career fields that are necessary to succeed in a competitive job market, while developing communication skills, interpersonal skills and citizenship responsibilities. For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at,ï¿½ www.ovct.edu/academic-programs
Ohio Valley College of Technology serves 170 students (98% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 28%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 170 students
- Private-state tuition: $11,698
- Acceptance Rate: 80%
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 8%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Ohio Valley College of Technology ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 100% over five years.
Ohio Valley College of Technology
(OH) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Four or more years
The student population of Ohio Valley College of Technology has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five years.
The Ohio Valley College of Technology diversity score of 0.15 is less than the state average of 0.46. The school's diversity has grown by 31% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $11,698 is less than the state average of $13,933. The private state tuition has declined by 8% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- OVCT, founded in 1886, is a two-year private institution offering Occupational Associate Degrees in Applied Business. Located in East Liverpool Ohio, the campus is easily accessible from the intersection of Ohio State Routes 11 & 7 and US Route 30. Offering its students a small college experience allows a more personalized approach to college. Here, instructors genuinely care about their students. With a low student-faculty ratio, more one-on-one attention is provided in the classroom. The college offers career programs in Medical Assisting, Dental Assisting.Nursing Medical Office Administration, Business Administration The Ohio Valley College of Technology is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award Occupational Associate Degrees in Applied Business and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Ohio Valley College of Technology cost?
Ohio Valley College of Technology's private state tuition is approximately $11,698.
What is the acceptance rate of Ohio Valley College of Technology?
The acceptance rate of Ohio Valley College of Technology is 80%, which is lower than the state average of 83%.
What is Ohio Valley College of Technology's ranking?
Ohio Valley College of Technology ranks among the top 20% of community college in Ohio for: Percent of students receiving financial aid, Highest completion rates and Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.