Kent State University at Salem
- Kent State University's eight-campus network, one of the largest regional systems in the country, serves both the development of a true living/learning approach at the Kent Campus and regional needs on seven other campuses throughout Northeast Ohio. The Kent Campus provides the resources and facilities of a large, diverse university, while the Regional Campuses - Ashtabula, East Liverpool, Geauga, Salem, Stark, Trumbull and Tuscarawas - offer the friendly, casual atmosphere of small liberal arts colleges.
- The teacher population of 72 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kent State University at Salem||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||72 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,799 students||734 students|
|# Full-Time Students||658 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,141 students||284 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,700||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since its founding as a teacher-training school in 1910, Kent State has become an engine for economic, cultural and workforce development in the region and beyond as one of the premiere Ohio colleges. The university also has earned acclaim for applying new knowledge to address the needs of the communities it serves and society as a whole. From an "outreach" program based in the old Salem High School (1962) to leased facilities- at $1 a year - at the Bliss Company's South Broadway office building (1966) to the original construction of the present campus (1971), the Kent State University Salem Campus has grown with the communities it serves. Kent State's Salem Campus, located just south of the city, features a lake and a 25-acre outdoor classroom and nature walk. Kent State Salem offers a proud tradition of excellence in academic programs, teaching and service in a friendly and beautiful environment. Whether you are here for a single course, a certificate or an associate's, bachelor's or master's degree, our administration, faculty and staff are here to serve you. Kent State University Salem Campus offers coursework and classes leading to Bachelor of Science nursing degrees for professionally-minded students. Besides our nursing education programs, the Salem Campus also provides academic instruction in horticulture, business management, radiologic technology, computer technology, early childhood education and more. Come for a visit and discover why historic Salem, Ohio, is a great place for nursing degrees from one of KSU's regional campuses. Kent State University is accredited without reservation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Kent State University at Salem is Ohio Valley College of Technology (18.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 146 students | 18.70 Mi15258 State Route 170
East Liverpool,  OH  43920
- 118 students | 21.20 Mi3487 Belmont Ave
Youngstown,  OH  44505
- 1,481 students | 21.70 Mi400 E 4th St
East Liverpool,  OH  43920
- 164 students | 23.00 Mi2076 Youngstown Warren Rd
Niles,  OH  44446
- 825 students | 23.30 Mi4177 Pulaksi Road
New Castle,  PA  16101
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.