Kent State University at Salem
Tel: (330) 332-0361
- Kent State University's eight-campus network, one of the largest regional systems in the country, serves both the development of a true living/learning approach at the Kent Campus and regional needs on seven other campuses throughout Northeast Ohio. The Kent Campus provides the resources and facilities of a large, diverse university, while the Regional Campuses - Ashtabula, East Liverpool, Geauga, Salem, Stark, Trumbull and Tuscarawas - offer the friendly, casual atmosphere of small liberal arts colleges.
The teacher population of 72 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kent State University at Salem||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||72 staff||38 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since its founding as a teacher-training school in 1910, Kent State has become an engine for economic, cultural and workforce development in the region and beyond as one of the premiere Ohio colleges. The university also has earned acclaim for applying new knowledge to address the needs of the communities it serves and society as a whole. From an "outreach" program based in the old Salem High School (1962) to leased facilities- at $1 a year - at the Bliss Company's South Broadway office building (1966) to the original construction of the present campus (1971), the Kent State University Salem Campus has grown with the communities it serves. Kent State's Salem Campus, located just south of the city, features a lake and a 25-acre outdoor classroom and nature walk. Kent State Salem offers a proud tradition of excellence in academic programs, teaching and service in a friendly and beautiful environment. Whether you are here for a single course, a certificate or an associate's, bachelor's or master's degree, our administration, faculty and staff are here to serve you. Kent State University Salem Campus offers coursework and classes leading to Bachelor of Science nursing degrees for professionally-minded students. Besides our nursing education programs, the Salem Campus also provides academic instruction in horticulture, business management, radiologic technology, computer technology, early childhood education and more. Come for a visit and discover why historic Salem, Ohio, is a great place for nursing degrees from one of KSU's regional campuses. Kent State University is accredited without reservation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Kent State University at Salem is Ohio Valley College of Technology (18.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 201 students | 18.70 Mi15258 State Route 170
East Liverpool,  OH  43920
(330) 385-1070 18.70201
- 118 students | 21.20 Mi3487 Belmont Ave
Youngstown,  OH  44505
(330) 759-0205 21.20118
- 1,123 students | 21.80 Mi400 E 4th St
East Liverpool,  OH  43920
(330) 385-3805 21.801,123
- 129 students | 23.00 Mi2076 Youngstown Warren Rd
Niles,  OH  44446
(330) 652-9919 23.00129
- 192 students | 24.10 Mi3200 Ridge Road
Warren,  OH  44484
(330) 369-3200 24.10192
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.