- Kent State University's eight-campus network, one of the largest regional systems in the country, serves both the development of a true living/learning approach at the Kent Campus and regional needs on seven other campuses throughout Northeast Ohio. The Kent Campus provides the resources and facilities of a large, diverse university, while the Regional Campuses - Ashtabula, East Liverpool, Geauga, Salem, Stark, Trumbull and Tuscarawas - offer the friendly, casual atmosphere of small liberal arts colleges.
Kent State University at Salem serves 1,729 students (21% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 28%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,729 students
- In-state tuition: $5,664
- Out-state tuition: $13,624
- Student:teacher ratio: 19:1
- Minority enrollment: 11%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 91 teachers has grown by 26% over five years.
Kent State University at Salem
(OH) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
Four or more years
The student population of Kent State University at Salem has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 18:1 over five years.
The Kent State University at Salem diversity score of 0.21 is less than the state average of 0.46. The school's diversity has declined by 14% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $5,664 is more than the state average of $4,876. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $13,624 is more than the state average of $11,127. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Since its founding as a teacher-training school in 1910, Kent State has become an engine for economic, cultural and workforce development in the region and beyond as one of the premiere Ohio colleges. The university also has earned acclaim for applying new knowledge to address the needs of the communities it serves and society as a whole. From an "outreach" program based in the old Salem High School (1962) to leased facilities- at $1 a year - at the Bliss Company's South Broadway office building (1966) to the original construction of the present campus (1971), the Kent State University Salem Campus has grown with the communities it serves. Kent State's Salem Campus, located just south of the city, features a lake and a 25-acre outdoor classroom and nature walk. Kent State Salem offers a proud tradition of excellence in academic programs, teaching and service in a friendly and beautiful environment. Whether you are here for a single course, a certificate or an associate's, bachelor's or master's degree, our administration, faculty and staff are here to serve you. Kent State University Salem Campus offers coursework and classes leading to Bachelor of Science nursing degrees for professionally-minded students. Besides our nursing education programs, the Salem Campus also provides academic instruction in horticulture, business management, radiologic technology, computer technology, early childhood education and more. Come for a visit and discover why historic Salem, Ohio, is a great place for nursing degrees from one of KSU's regional campuses. Kent State University is accredited without reservation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Kent State University at Salem cost?
Kent State University at Salem's tuition is approximately $5,664 for In-State students and $13,624 for Out-State students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.