North Central Michigan College
North Central Michigan College Photo #2 - North Central Michigan College's Petoskey campus and Harris Sculpture Gardens.
North Central Michigan College Photo #3 - The Mobile Digital Fabrication Lab - Fab Lab - ready to visit schools and businesses. Learn CNC!
- North Central Michigan College is an open-door community college based in Petoskey, with additional locations offering classes and services in Cheboygan and Gaylord. North Centrals mission is to provide educational, economic and cultural opportunities for student learning, personal growth and community improvement. North Central is an Achieving the Dream Leader College and a Military-Friendly School.
The teacher population of 97 teachers has grown by 56% over five years.
|North Central Michigan College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||97 staff||224 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Intramural Sports OnlyIntramural Sports Only|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Clay Club, College Student Republicians of NCMC, Natiive American Student Organization, Recreational and RPG League, Student Ambassadors, Student Nurses Association, Student Senate
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 2003, North Central Michigan College and four universities joined together to form a University Center partnership. This partnership with Central Michigan University, Ferris State University, Lake Superior State University, Michigan State University and Spring Arbor University affords significant benefits and opportunities to North Central students. North Central Michigan College offers a wide range of extra-curricular activities to add to your college experience. Activities include the North Central Michigan College Lecture Series, Luncheon and International lectures, free movie nights, dances, BBQ's, intramural activities and more. The North Central Michigan College campus includes The NCMC library houses over 43,000 volumes, over 70,000 online books and subscribes to over 200 periodicals emphasizing the various academic areas of the institution. The Library maintains 40 computers for patron use. Internet access is available as well as Microsoft Office tools. Computers equipped with audio and video editing software are also available for student and faculty use. Printing and copying is available at a nominal charge. Student and Community Resource Center (SCRC) houses a 71,000 square foot multipurpose gymnasium designed for a variety of recreation and physical education activities. Locker rooms with showers are open to anyone using the facilities. Upstairs, an exercise facility is equipped with weight training and exercise equipment. The Natural Area is located along the south edge of campus. The Natural Area has over 200 acres of trails for hiking and cross-country sking. It is also used for many of the College's lab science courses. The Natural Area has a spring, a stretch of the Bear River, meadows, marshes and forest.
The nearest community college to North Central Michigan College is Kirtland Community College (48.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,347 students | 48.50 Mi4800 W 4 Mile Road
Grayling, MI 49738
(989) 275-5000 48.501,347
- 3,579 students | 51.40 Mi1701 E Front St
Traverse City, MI 49686
(231) 995-1000 51.403,579
- 1,487 students | 75.80 Mi665 Johnson St
Alpena, MI 49707
(989) 356-9021 75.801,487
- 1,340 students | 78.50 Mi9600 E 13th St
Cadillac, MI 49601
(231) 876-3101 78.501,340
- 3,726 students | 97.10 Mi1375 S Clare Ave
Harrison, MI 48625
(989) 386-6622 97.103,726
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.