North Central Michigan College
North Central Michigan College Photo #3 - The Mobile Digital Fabrication Lab - Fab Lab - ready to visit schools and businesses. Learn CNC!
- North Central Michigan College is an open-door community college based in Petoskey, with additional locations offering classes and services in Cheboygan and Gaylord. North Centrals mission is to provide educational, economic and cultural opportunities for student learning, personal growth and community improvement. North Central is an Achieving the Dream Leader College and a Military-Friendly School.
- The teacher population of 210 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|North Central Michigan College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||210 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,527 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||745 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,782 students||1,914 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,600||$30,600|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Intramural Sports OnlyIntramural Sports Only|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Clay Club, College Student Republicians of NCMC, Natiive American Student Organization, Recreational and RPG League, Student Ambassadors, Student Nurses Association, Student Senate
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 2003, North Central Michigan College and four universities joined together to form a University Center partnership. This partnership with Central Michigan University, Ferris State University, Lake Superior State University, Michigan State University and Spring Arbor University affords significant benefits and opportunities to North Central students. North Central Michigan College offers a wide range of extra-curricular activities to add to your college experience. Activities include the North Central Michigan College Lecture Series, Luncheon and International lectures, free movie nights, dances, BBQ's, intramural activities and more. The North Central Michigan College campus includes The NCMC library houses over 43,000 volumes, over 70,000 online books and subscribes to over 200 periodicals emphasizing the various academic areas of the institution. The Library maintains 40 computers for patron use. Internet access is available as well as Microsoft Office tools. Computers equipped with audio and video editing software are also available for student and faculty use. Printing and copying is available at a nominal charge. Student and Community Resource Center (SCRC) houses a 71,000 square foot multipurpose gymnasium designed for a variety of recreation and physical education activities. Locker rooms with showers are open to anyone using the facilities. Upstairs, an exercise facility is equipped with weight training and exercise equipment. The Natural Area is located along the south edge of campus. The Natural Area has over 200 acres of trails for hiking and cross-country sking. It is also used for many of the College's lab science courses. The Natural Area has a spring, a stretch of the Bear River, meadows, marshes and forest.
- The nearest community college to North Central Michigan College is Kirtland Community College (48.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,511 students | 48.70 Mi4800 W 4 Mile Road
Grayling,  MI  49738
- 4,502 students | 51.60 Mi1701 E Front St
Traverse City,  MI  49686
- 1,636 students | 76.00 Mi665 Johnson St
Alpena,  MI  49707
- 1,340 students | 78.60 Mi9600 E 13th St
Cadillac,  MI  49601
- 4,343 students | 96.80 Mi1375 S Clare Ave
Harrison,  MI  48625
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.