North Central Michigan College
North Central Michigan College Photo #3 - The Mobile Digital Fabrication Lab - Fab Lab - ready to visit schools and businesses. Learn CNC!
- North Central Michigan College is an open-door community college based in Petoskey, with additional locations offering classes and services in Cheboygan and Gaylord. North Centrals mission is to provide educational, economic and cultural opportunities for student learning, personal growth and community improvement. North Central is an Achieving the Dream Leader College and a Military-Friendly School.
Top Placements (Michigan)
Listed among the top community colleges in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 210 teachers has grown by 228% over five years.
|North Central Michigan College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||210 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,527 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||745 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,782 students||1,914 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,600||$31,100|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Intramural Sports OnlyIntramural Sports Only|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Clay Club, College Student Republicians of NCMC, Natiive American Student Organization, Recreational and RPG League, Student Ambassadors, Student Nurses Association, Student Senate
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 2003, North Central Michigan College and four universities joined together to form a University Center partnership. This partnership with Central Michigan University, Ferris State University, Lake Superior State University, Michigan State University and Spring Arbor University affords significant benefits and opportunities to North Central students. North Central Michigan College offers a wide range of extra-curricular activities to add to your college experience. Activities include the North Central Michigan College Lecture Series, Luncheon and International lectures, free movie nights, dances, BBQ's, intramural activities and more. The North Central Michigan College campus includes The NCMC library houses over 43,000 volumes, over 70,000 online books and subscribes to over 200 periodicals emphasizing the various academic areas of the institution. The Library maintains 40 computers for patron use. Internet access is available as well as Microsoft Office tools. Computers equipped with audio and video editing software are also available for student and faculty use. Printing and copying is available at a nominal charge. Student and Community Resource Center (SCRC) houses a 71,000 square foot multipurpose gymnasium designed for a variety of recreation and physical education activities. Locker rooms with showers are open to anyone using the facilities. Upstairs, an exercise facility is equipped with weight training and exercise equipment. The Natural Area is located along the south edge of campus. The Natural Area has over 200 acres of trails for hiking and cross-country sking. It is also used for many of the College's lab science courses. The Natural Area has a spring, a stretch of the Bear River, meadows, marshes and forest.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to North Central Michigan College is Northwestern Michigan College (51.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,502 students | 51.60 Mi1701 E Front St
Traverse City,  MI  49686
- 1,528 students | 65.90 Mi10775 N Saint Helen Road
Roscommon,  MI  48653
- 1,636 students | 76.00 Mi665 Johnson St
Alpena,  MI  49707
- 1,340 students | 78.60 Mi9600 E 13th St
Cadillac,  MI  49601
- 4,343 students | 96.80 Mi1375 S Clare Ave
Harrison,  MI  48625
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.