- Alpena Community College (ACC) offers educational programs, technical training, and cultural opportunities to all of Northeast Michigan. Its student population ' numbering 2,165 in the official 2003 spring semester ' is marked by diverse ages, backgrounds, and goals. Small classes and the opportunity for individual attention enhance the quality instruction delivered at Alpena Community College and benefit both the traditional and non-traditional student.
- Enrollment: 1,436 students
- In-state tuition: $5,970
- Out-state tuition: $5,970
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 5%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded in 1952, Alpena Community College offered classes at Alpena High School (then on Second Avenue) until the current campus was established in 1957. We were part of the Alpena K-14 public school system until 1979, when district voters decided the college should be independent and governed by its own Board of Trustees. ACC offers two-year degrees, one-year certificates, customized training and cultural opportunities to all of Northeast Michigan. Each semester, we attract more than 2,000 credit students of diverse ages and backgrounds. About two-thirds of our students live in the Alpena area, while the remaining one-third or so come from neighboring Alcona, Iosco, Montmorency and Presque Isle counties. In addition, the national reputation of some of our programs attract students from elsewhere in Michigan and throughout the United States. There are a variety of social, academic, athletic, cultural and service opportunities available to students at Alpena Community College. Involvement in activities beyond the classroom help you meet new people, broaden your interests and have fun, - important aspects of the collegiate experience. The Alpena Community College main campus is situated on 700 acres in Alpena, Michigan, just a short distance from Lake Huron. Our Huron Shores Campus in Oscoda serves residents in and around Iosco County. In addition, we offer selected classes in Rogers City, Whittemore and Tawas City. The college is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.