Monterey Peninsula College
- The mission of Monterey Peninsula College to offer stimulating, high-quality courses, programs, and student services to our diverse community. Monterey Peninsula College, recognizing the worth and potential of every individual, is dedicated to providing equal access and adequate support to any interested member of the community.
Monterey Peninsula College places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 202 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Monterey Peninsula College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||202 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,727 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,410 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,317 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,500||$34,600|
- MPC, one of 109 colleges in the California Community College System, is committed to high quality education; support of our students; strong, effective leadership; long-term fiscal stability; a well-maintained, environmentally friendly campus; and equal opportunity for all students and employees. The college offers courses to prepare students for transfer to four-year institutions, to prepare for the workplace, to update work skills or prepare for a new career, to gain a general education, and to improve basic skills in mathematics, reading, writing and science. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Post-secondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to Monterey Peninsula College is Defense Language Institute (1.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 1.70 MiPresidio of Monterey
Monterey,  CA  93944
- 9,800 students | 13.50 Mi411 Central Avenue
Salinas,  CA  93901
- 13,594 students | 27.70 Mi6500 Soquel Dr
Aptos,  CA  95003
- 5,531 students | 31.60 Mi5055 Santa Teresa Blvd
Gilroy,  CA  95020
- 805 students | 44.80 Mi6201 San Ignacio Ave.
San Jose,  CA  95119