- Hartnell College provides the leadership and resources to ensure that all students shall have equal access to a quality education and the opportunity to pursue and achieve their goals. We are responsive to the learning needs of our community and dedicated to a diverse educational and cultural campus environment that prepares our students for productive participation in a changing world.
|Hartnell College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||189 staff||97 staff|
- Hartnell College is one of the oldest educational institutions in California. In 1920, Salinas Junior College was founded. The school was renamed Hartnell College in 1948. The Hartnell Community College District was formed in 1949. The college moved to its present location at 156 Homestead Avenue in Salinas in 1936. The college is located in Monterey County just 20 minutes drive from the scenic Monterey Coast. Hartnell College serves the Salinas Valley, a fertile agricultural region some 10 miles wide and 100 miles long. The College draws its students from Salinas and the surrounding communities of Bradley, Castroville, Chualar, Greenfield, Jolon, King City, Lockwood, Moss Landing, San Ardo, San Lucas, Soledad and adjacent rural areas. Hartnell serves approximately 9,316 students with an ethnic profile that includes 52% Latino, 33% White, 5% Asian, 5% Filipino, 3% Black, 1% Native American students and 1% Other minorities. The College offers the first and second year of a college program and awards the associate of arts/sciences degrees and certificates of proficiency. The college also provides vocational training, Work Force and Community Development classes, Contract Education and numerous cultural and recreational activities. The computer center is available to students for class and assignment use and provides access to the Internet and the World Wide Web. The College has transfer agreements with many California State University (CSU) and University of California (UC) campuses which guarantee admission for Hartnell students who have completed the two year requirements. The college offers a full complement of services to assist students' educational progress including Telephone Registration, Academic and Personal Counseling, Financial Aid Services, International Student Services, Re-Entry Services, Sports Counseling, Disabled Students Programs and Services, Assessment, Career and Transfer Assistance and more. In addition, students are encouraged to become involved in the many clubs on campus and student government through the Associated Students of Hartnell College.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,727 students | 13.50 Mi980 Fremont St
Monterey,  CA  93940
(831) 646-4000 13.507,727
- n/a students | 14.30 MiPresidio of Monterey
Monterey,  CA  93944
(831) 242-5828 14.30n/a
- 5,531 students | 21.00 Mi5055 Santa Teresa Blvd
Gilroy,  CA  95020
(408) 848-4800 21.005,531
- 13,594 students | 26.20 Mi6500 Soquel Dr
Aptos,  CA  95003
(831) 479-6100 26.2013,594
- 805 students | 39.00 Mi6201 San Ignacio Ave.
San Jose,  CA  95119
(408) 960-0162 39.00805