- Monroe County Community College was established to provide a variety of higher education opportunities for the residents of Monroe County. The College mission is to provide programs for students planning to transfer to four-year institutions; programs for students seeking an associate's degree or certificate in an occupational area; general education courses/experiences integrated throughout the curriculum; training and retraining for business and industry; a strong complement of student support services and other activities to meet the lifelong educational and employment needs of its students.
- Enrollment: 2,302 students
- In-state tuition: $5,680
- Out-state tuition: $6,220
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 14%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded in 1964, Monroe County Community College is a public, two-year institution supported by tax monies from Monroe County, educational funds from the State of Michigan, and student tuition. Our 210-acre Main Campus is centrally located in Monroe County with easy access to Detroit and Toledo. The Whitman Center, located in Bedford Township near the Michigan-Ohio border, was established in 1991. The Monroe County Community College campus, located on South Raisinville Road, opened for students in October 1967. The campus buildings are related to one another by an attractively landscaped center mall. Each building is both functionally and esthetically designed. The Campbell Learning Resources Center is the focal point of the campus. This two-story building contains classrooms, faculty offices, and the necessary space to house library facilities for a collection of over 46,000 volumes, and over 300 current subscriptions as well as electronic access to thousands of magazines and journals. Monroe County Community College is a nationally accredited institution of higher learning with college classes for students interested in transfer courses or occupational degrees in a variety of formats. The college is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).