Mercy College of Ohio
- Mercy College of Ohio is a Catholic institution of higher education founded by the Sisters of Mercy and sponsored by Mercy Health. Our focus is to provide healthcare and health science related programs. We value and provide the integration of general and professional studes as the basis for successful career preparation. Excellence in the teaching and learning experience is rooted in the correlation of theory and practice.
- Founded by the Sisters of Mercy and sponsored by Mercy Health Partners, Mercy College of Ohio is primarily an undergraduate, Catholic institution of higher education focusing on health care and health science related programs. The College also provides continuing education and other community services enabling individuals to develop knowledge, skills, and interests in various facets of health care and health science.
Mercy College of Ohio places among the top 20% of community colleges in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 210 teachers has grown by 85% over five years.
|Mercy College of Ohio||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||210 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,512 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||432 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,080 students||284 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,464 students||471 students|
|# Graduate Students||48 students||8 students|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$46,400||$30,800|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Men in Nursing, National Student Nurses Association, Student Government
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Mercy College of Ohio, a Catholic institution with a focus on healthcare, educates and inspires students to lead and to serve in the global community.
Profile last updated:
- College Location Mi. Students
- 193 students | 4.60 Mi4747 Monroe St
Toledo,  OH  43623
- 12,561 students | 5.00 Mi30335 Oregon Rd
Perrysburg,  OH  43551
- 213 students | 6.00 Mi5212 Hill Avenue
Toledo,  OH  43615
- 193 students | 6.00 Mi5212 Hill Ave
Toledo,  OH  43615
- 286 students | 6.80 Mi1505 Holland Road
Maumee,  OH  43537
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.