Leeward Community College
- Leeward Community College is a public, co-educational commuter community college in Pearl City, Hawai'i on the island of O'ahu. Its main campus is adjacent to the campus of University of Hawaii-West Oahu. It is one of ten branches of the University of Hawai'i System anchored by the University of Hawai'i at Manoa in Honolulu and is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- The teacher population of 199 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Leeward Community College||(HI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||199 staff||129 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,742 students||3,809 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,195 students||1,325 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,547 students||2,484 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,200||$33,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Leeward Community College is a public, co-educational commuter community college in Pearl City, Hawai'i on the island of O'ahu. Its main campus is adjacent to the campus of University of Hawaii-West Oahu. It is one of ten branches of the University of Hawai'i System anchored by the University of Hawai'i at Manoa in Honolulu and is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Leeward is recognized for its digital media and television production programs, considered by some to be the best in the state. In addition to its main campus in Pearl City, Leeward Community College also runs the Waianae Education Center in Waianae. At Leeward Community College we are committed to "Helping Students Learn". We at LCC understand that learning takes place in many different ways and that students need options when trying to balance busy personal and professional lives with a college education. With Distance Education courses the flexibility of anytime and anywhere learning becomes a reality. Pursue your academic career on your time at your convenience! The Office of Continuing Education and Workforce Development (OCEWD) is part of Leeward Community College's educational mission to enhance the quality of life and strengthen economic stability and growth by providing life-long development and personal enrichment. OCEWD provides a variety of continuing education programs, public service and cultural programs and facilitates rental of campus facilities. Programs support human resource and economic development, job training, and classes for small and large businesses, and aspiring entrepreneurs. OCEWD serves people whose educational goals do not require college credit.
- The nearest community college to Leeward Community College is Honolulu Community College (8.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,144 students | 8.90 Mi874 Dillingham Blvd
Honolulu,  HI  96817
- 442 students | 9.80 Mi1111 Bishop St Ste 400
Honolulu,  HI  96813
- 2,661 students | 11.00 Mi45-720 Keaahala Rd
Kaneohe,  HI  96744
- 7,994 students | 14.50 Mi4303 Diamond Head Rd
Honolulu,  HI  96816
- 1,424 students | 98.80 Mi3-1901 Kaumualii Hwy
Lihue,  HI  96766
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.