- Kauai Community College is situated on the island of Kauai, the northernmost and oldest of the major Hawaiian islands. It is a 2-year public community college and the only college on the island. Its 200-acre campus is located just west of the major town of Lihue. Kauai Community College is committed to the students and community that it serves.
Kauai Community College serves 1,461 students (23% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 84% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the state average of 90%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,461 students
- In-state tuition: $2,844
- Out-state tuition: $7,692
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 84%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 167 teachers has grown by 128% over five years.
Kauai Community College
(HI) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Kauai Community College has grown by 8% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 8:1 over five years.
The Kauai Community College diversity score of 0.75 is equal to the state average of 0.75. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,844 is more than the state average of $2,815. The in-state tuition has declined by 9% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,692 is more than the state average of $7,663. The out-state tuition has declined by 6% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Kauai Community College is situated on the island of Kauai, the northernmost and oldest of the major Hawaiian islands. It is a 2-year public community college and the only college on the island. Its 200-acre campus is located just west of the major town of Lihue. Kauai Community College is committed to the students and community that it serves. The University Center at Kaua`i Community College offers Kaua`i residents opportunities to pursue college degrees at the bachelor's and master's levels and to work toward specialized certificate programs offered through the University of Hawai`i system. Kaua'i Community College provides a transfer-level liberal arts education, but also offers a variety of vocational and professional training programs. Four-year and graduate degrees are offered through the University Center.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Kauai Community College cost?
Kauai Community College's tuition is approximately $2,844 for In-State students and $7,692 for Out-State students.
What schools are Kauai Community College often compared to?
Kauai Community Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Kapiolani Community College by visitors of our site.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.