Kauai Community College
- Kauai Community College is situated on the island of Kauai, the northernmost and oldest of the major Hawaiian islands. It is a 2-year public community college and the only college on the island. Its 200-acre campus is located just west of the major town of Lihue. Kauai Community College is committed to the students and community that it serves.
- The teacher population of 73 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kauai Community College||(HI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||73 staff||129 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,424 students||3,809 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||546 students||1,325 students|
|# Part-Time Students||878 students||2,484 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,100||$33,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Kauai Community College is situated on the island of Kauai, the northernmost and oldest of the major Hawaiian islands. It is a 2-year public community college and the only college on the island. Its 200-acre campus is located just west of the major town of Lihue. Kauai Community College is committed to the students and community that it serves. The University Center at Kaua`i Community College offers Kaua`i residents opportunities to pursue college degrees at the bachelor's and master's levels and to work toward specialized certificate programs offered through the University of Hawai`i system. Kaua'i Community College provides a transfer-level liberal arts education, but also offers a variety of vocational and professional training programs. Four-year and graduate degrees are offered through the University Center.
- The nearest community college to Kauai Community College is Leeward Community College (100.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,742 students | 100.60 Mi96-045 Ala Ike
Pearl City,  HI  96782
- 4,144 students | 109.10 Mi874 Dillingham Blvd
Honolulu,  HI  96817
- 442 students | 110.00 Mi1111 Bishop St Ste 400
Honolulu,  HI  96813
- 2,661 students | 110.20 Mi45-720 Keaahala Rd
Kaneohe,  HI  96744
- 7,994 students | 114.70 Mi4303 Diamond Head Rd
Honolulu,  HI  96816
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.