Windward Community College
- Windward Community College is committed to excellence in the liberal arts and career development; we support and challenge individuals to develop skills, fulfill their potential, enrich their lives, and become contributing, culturally aware members of our community.
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Windward Community College||(HI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||129 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,661 students||3,809 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||41:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||936 students||1,325 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,725 students||2,484 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,900||$33,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located on 50 lush acres at the foot of the Ko‘olau in Kane‘ohe, Windward Community College, a part of the University of Hawai‘i system offers its own special approach to higher education: convenient, affordable, and personal–with a commitment to helping students succeed and an island spirit of ‘ohana. Windward Community College offers Associate in Arts Degree and Associate Degree in Technical Studies. The college offers Academic Subject Certificate in Arts and Business. Established in October 1985, the Center for Aerospace Education(CAE) supports the three primary missions of Windward Community College: traditional credit programs for undergraduate students with special emphasis on liberal arts education, workforce development and vocational training and informal educational outreach programs for our island community (from grades K to senior citizens). Established in Fall 2004 the Windward Community College Office of Institutional Research supports faculty and staff in reporting the institutional information of the College. It also presents this information to students and prospective students for their decision-making regarding the College.
- The nearest community college to Windward Community College is Honolulu Community College (7.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,144 students | 7.10 Mi874 Dillingham Blvd
Honolulu,  HI  96817
- 442 students | 7.50 Mi1111 Bishop St Ste 400
Honolulu,  HI  96813
- 7,994 students | 9.60 Mi4303 Diamond Head Rd
Honolulu,  HI  96816
- 7,742 students | 10.80 Mi96-045 Ala Ike
Pearl City,  HI  96782
- 3,809 students | 93.30 Mi310 W Kaahumanu Ave
Kahului,  HI  96732
Against massive budget cuts, community colleges have been forced to take drastic measures, including cutting entire programs ranging from the culinary arts to athletics.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.