- Windward Community College is committed to excellence in the liberal arts and career development; we support and challenge individuals to develop skills, fulfill their potential, enrich their lives, and become contributing, culturally aware members of our community.
Windward Community College serves 2,299 students (24% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is higher than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 85% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the state average of 90%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 2,299 students
- In-state tuition: $2,776
- Out-state tuition: $7,624
- Student:teacher ratio: 13:1
- Minority enrollment: 85%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 179 teachers has grown by 175% over five years.
Windward Community College
(HI) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Windward Community College has declined by 8% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five years.
The Windward Community College diversity score of 0.73 is less than the state average of 0.75. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,776 is less than the state average of $2,815. The in-state tuition has declined by 9% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,624 is less than the state average of $7,663. The out-state tuition has declined by 7% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Located on 50 lush acres at the foot of the Koï¿½olau in Kaneï¿½ohe, Windward Community College, a part of the University of Hawaiï¿½i system offers its own special approach to higher education: convenient, affordable, and personalï¿½with a commitment to helping students succeed and an island spirit of ï¿½ohana. Windward Community College offers Associate in Arts Degree and Associate Degree in Technical Studies. The college offers Academic Subject Certificate in Arts and Business. Established in October 1985, the Center for Aerospace Education(CAE) supports the three primary missions of Windward Community College: traditional credit programs for undergraduate students with special emphasis on liberal arts education, workforce development and vocational training and informal educational outreach programs for our island community (from grades K to senior citizens). Established in Fall 2004 the Windward Community College Office of Institutional Research supports faculty and staff in reporting the institutional information of the College. It also presents this information to students and prospective students for their decision-making regarding the College.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Windward Community College cost?
Windward Community College's tuition is approximately $2,776 for In-State students and $7,624 for Out-State students.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.