Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Chicago
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (312) 944-0882
- The Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago is affiliated with Le Cordon Bleu, the world's most famous cooking school, founded in Paris in 1895. We award an Associate of Applied Science Degree as well as the coveted Le Cordon Bleu Diplôme in Culinary Arts and Pâtisserie and Baking. Because we combine classical French cooking techniques with innovative American technology, the hospitality industry eagerly hires our graduates. In fact, the demand for our graduates exceeds the supply!
Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Chicago ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Chicago||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||22 staff||124 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago was founded in May of 1983 by Linda Calafiore, a passionate cook who wanted to share her love of great food. The food service community responded with enthusiasm. As soon as the first students graduated, they were employed at major hotels and restaurants. To date, The Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago has graduated thousands of professional cooks, bakers, and aspiring chefs who are now staffing some of the most prestigious restaurants in Chicago and the nation. In June 2000, The Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago was invited to become affiliated with Le Cordon Bleu of Paris, the world's best known culinary education program. Le Cordon Bleu continues to monitor and train the faculty to ensure that the curriculum is being delivered, and the spirit of Le Cordon Bleu is being communicated. Our accelerated, concentrated program allows students to complete the specialized associate degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts or Le Corodon Bleu Pâtisserie & Baking program in as little as twelve month plus the externship. These programs allow students to plan on a consistent schedule throughout the year. Morning, mid-morning, and afternoon schedules are available. The Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago's scheduling allows students plenty of time to participate in extracurricular clubs and activities. Our campus is designed with high hospitality standards. All 13 air-conditioned kitchens feature industry current technology with complete cooking lines, automatic dishwashers, and several preparation areas. The institute features multiple walk-in refrigerator, freezer, dry storage, and cleaning supply areas. There are 14 classrooms within the institute walls as well as a learning resource center, student lounge, tutoring center and café. The café features a formal dining room with seating for up to 80 guests. The café is operated by students and is open to the public. The Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago is the only single focus culinary college in the Midwest that is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
The nearest community college to Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Chicago is Kendall College (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,516 students | 0.50 Mi900 N. North Branch St.
Chicago, IL 60642
(312) 752-2000 0.501,516
- 555 students | 0.90 Mi1 North State Street
Chicago, IL 60602
(773) 577-8100 0.90555
- 8,643 students | 1.00 Mi30 E Lake St
Chicago, IL 60601
(312) 553-5600 1.008,643
- 229 students | 1.10 Mi180 N WABASH AVE FL 5
Chicago, IL 60601
(312) 658-5100 1.10229
- 295 students | 1.30 Mi29 E. Madison
Chicago, IL 60602
(312) 922-1884 1.30295
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.