Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Chicago
- The Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago is affiliated with Le Cordon Bleu, the world's most famous cooking school, founded in Paris in 1895. We award an Associate of Applied Science Degree as well as the coveted Le Cordon Bleu Diplôme in Culinary Arts and Pâtisserie and Baking. Because we combine classical French cooking techniques with innovative American technology, the hospitality industry eagerly hires our graduates. In fact, the demand for our graduates exceeds the supply!
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 59% over five years.
|Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Chicago||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||22 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,086 students||3,818 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||49:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,086 students||1,205 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||2,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,600||$32,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago was founded in May of 1983 by Linda Calafiore, a passionate cook who wanted to share her love of great food. The food service community responded with enthusiasm. As soon as the first students graduated, they were employed at major hotels and restaurants. To date, The Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago has graduated thousands of professional cooks, bakers, and aspiring chefs who are now staffing some of the most prestigious restaurants in Chicago and the nation. In June 2000, The Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago was invited to become affiliated with Le Cordon Bleu of Paris, the world's best known culinary education program. Le Cordon Bleu continues to monitor and train the faculty to ensure that the curriculum is being delivered, and the spirit of Le Cordon Bleu is being communicated. Our accelerated, concentrated program allows students to complete the specialized associate degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts or Le Corodon Bleu Pâtisserie & Baking program in as little as twelve month plus the externship. These programs allow students to plan on a consistent schedule throughout the year. Morning, mid-morning, and afternoon schedules are available. The Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago's scheduling allows students plenty of time to participate in extracurricular clubs and activities. Our campus is designed with high hospitality standards. All 13 air-conditioned kitchens feature industry current technology with complete cooking lines, automatic dishwashers, and several preparation areas. The institute features multiple walk-in refrigerator, freezer, dry storage, and cleaning supply areas. There are 14 classrooms within the institute walls as well as a learning resource center, student lounge, tutoring center and café. The café features a formal dining room with seating for up to 80 guests. The café is operated by students and is open to the public. The Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago is the only single focus culinary college in the Midwest that is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,516 students | 0.60 Mi900 N. North Branch St.
Chicago,  IL  60642
- 611 students | 0.90 Mi330 North Green Street
Chicago,  IL  60607
- 9,392 students | 1.00 Mi30 E Lake St
Chicago,  IL  60601
- 216 students | 1.30 Mi29 E. Madison
Chicago,  IL  60602
- 280 students | 1.30 Mi318 West Adams Street, Suite 500
Chicago,  IL  60606
May 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.
May 10, 2018
We’ll explore various degree programs for shy individuals who prefer to work independently, rather than in a team environment.
May 10, 2018
With more community colleges offering bachelor's degrees, the choices in getting a BA or BS are growing quickly. Learn about new bachelor's degrees you can obtain at community colleges, ranging from nursing to electrical engineering and every subject in between.