- The mission of Las Positas College is to foster growth and success, both in its students and in its community. The College strives to fulfill this mission by offering high-quality, comprehensive educational programs and services. It augments and strengthens its mission by partnering with local businesses and organizations to promote the welfare of its students and the economic and social health of its service area.
- Enrollment: 8,005 students
- In-state tuition: $1,138
- Out-state tuition: $6,970
- Student:teacher ratio: 25:1
- Minority enrollment: 63%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Las Positas College is located on 147 acres in Livermore, in the midst of one of California's fastest-growing regions for business and scientific industry.Las Positas began as an extension center of Chabot College in 1963, offering 24 classes and enrolling 810 students at Livermore High School and two other sites. By 1965, the program had expanded and moved to Granada High School in Livermore; it subsequently grew to include Amador and Dublin High Schools as well. The District purchased the Livermore site that same year, intending to develop a comprehensive community college. Las Positas College currently enrolls approximately 8,100 day and evening students. The College offers a two-year curriculum for students seeking career preparation, transfer to a four-year college or university, or personal enrichment. Students who come to the College can choose any of 22 Occupational Associate Degrees, 16 Transfer Associate Degrees, and over 35 Certificate Programs. Las Positas College has since developed into a fully accredited comprehensive institution. In 1988 the College was designated by the Board of Governors to be an independent college. Las Positas College received full accreditation on January 7, 1991 from the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.