Las Positas College
Tel: (925) 424-1000
- The mission of Las Positas College is to foster growth and success, both in its students and in its community. The College strives to fulfill this mission by offering high-quality, comprehensive educational programs and services. It augments and strengthens its mission by partnering with local businesses and organizations to promote the welfare of its students and the economic and social health of its service area.
The teacher population of 200 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Las Positas College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||200 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Las Positas College is located on 147 acres in Livermore, in the midst of one of California's fastest-growing regions for business and scientific industry. Las Positas began as an extension center of Chabot College in 1963, offering 24 classes and enrolling 810 students at Livermore High School and two other sites. By 1965, the program had expanded and moved to Granada High School in Livermore; it subsequently grew to include Amador and Dublin High Schools as well. The District purchased the Livermore site that same year, intending to develop a comprehensive community college. Las Positas College currently enrolls approximately 8,100 day and evening students. The College offers a two-year curriculum for students seeking career preparation, transfer to a four-year college or university, or personal enrichment. Students who come to the College can choose any of 22 Occupational Associate Degrees, 16 Transfer Associate Degrees, and over 35 Certificate Programs. Las Positas College has since developed into a fully accredited comprehensive institution. In 1988 the College was designated by the Board of Governors to be an independent college. Las Positas College received full accreditation on January 7, 1991 from the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,835 students | 14.30 Mi43600 Mission Blvd
Fremont, CA 94539
(510) 659-6000 14.308,835
- 13,833 students | 17.60 Mi25555 Hesperian Blvd
Hayward, CA 94545
(510) 723-6600 17.6013,833
- 251 students | 18.20 Mi15555 East 14th St., Ste. 500
San Leandro, CA 94578
(510) 276-3888 18.20251
- 9,747 students | 20.60 Mi2700 East Leland Road
Pittsburg, CA 94565
(925) 439-2181 20.609,747
- 7,453 students | 21.00 Mi12500 Campus Dr
Oakland, CA 94619
(510) 531-4911 21.007,453
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.