- The mission of the college is to provide high-quality associate degree education and to prepare beginning practitioners in nursing and allied health fields. Inherent in the Catholic identity of the college and our educational mission is a commitment to Judaeo-Christian principles which influence the academic curricula and the college environment. Consistent with these principles, the college seeks to give opportunities to a diverse population of students to continue their education as mature adults and responsible world citizens.
Laboure College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Laboure College||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||38 staff||96 staff|
|Total Enrollment||850 students||3,428 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||87 students||1,076 students|
|# Part-Time Students||670 students||2,352 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$54,800||$35,500|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Nursing Club, Student Government Association
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our college is a small, private college affiliated with Caritas Christi Health Care. With numerous clinical affiliations that include academic medical centers, teaching and community hospitals, the college is committed to preparing its graduates to deliver patient-centered care as valued members of the health care team. Adults and traditional-aged students will find the flexible scheduling, small classes, and personal attention an ideal learning environment. Our alumni can be found in a wide variety of health care settings, including Boston's finest academic medical centers, teaching hospitals, and numerous health care facilities throughout New England, the nation, and the world. Founded in 1892 and re-established in 1971 with degree-granting authority, the college has an unbroken line of preparing health professionals for practice dating back to the Carney Hospital Training School for Nurses and the Catherine Labour School of Nursing. Our college offers associate degree (AS) and professional certificate programs exclusively in health care. Our faculty and staff are committed to preparing individuals to deliver patient-centered care as members of an interdisciplinary team. Our college promotes learning that emphasizes evidence-based practice, including the latest research and the clinical expertise, quality improvement approaches, and the use of information technology. We are accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Membership in the association indicates that the college has been carefully evaluated and found to meet standards agreed upon by qualified educators.
Profile last updated:
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,705 students | 3.70 Mi1250 Hancock Street
Quincy,  MA  02169
- 2,393 students | 3.90 Mi1234 Columbus Ave
Roxbury Crossing,  MA  02120
- 1,108 students | 5.10 Mi122 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston,  MA  02116
- 841 students | 5.20 Mi10 High St Ste 204
Boston,  MA  02110
- 828 students | 5.30 Mi118 Beacon Street
Boston,  MA  02116
Learn the important role community colleges have take in improving homeland security.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.