- The mission of the college is to provide high-quality associate degree education and to prepare beginning practitioners in nursing and allied health fields. Inherent in the Catholic identity of the college and our educational mission is a commitment to Judaeo-Christian principles which influence the academic curricula and the college environment. Consistent with these principles, the college seeks to give opportunities to a diverse population of students to continue their education as mature adults and responsible world citizens.
- Enrollment: 1,188 students
- Private-state tuition: $33,507
- Acceptance Rate: 51%
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 49%
- Source: Verified school update
Laboure College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Nursing Club, Student Government Association
- Our college is a small, private college affiliated with Caritas Christi Health Care. With numerous clinical affiliations that include academic medical centers, teaching and community hospitals, the college is committed to preparing its graduates to deliver patient-centered care as valued members of the health care team. Adults and traditional-aged students will find the flexible scheduling, small classes, and personal attention an ideal learning environment. Our alumni can be found in a wide variety of health care settings, including Boston's finest academic medical centers, teaching hospitals, and numerous health care facilities throughout New England, the nation, and the world. Founded in 1892 and re-established in 1971 with degree-granting authority, the college has an unbroken line of preparing health professionals for practice dating back to the Carney Hospital Training School for Nurses and the Catherine Labour School of Nursing. Our college offers associate degree (AS) and professional certificate programs exclusively in health care. Our faculty and staff are committed to preparing individuals to deliver patient-centered care as members of an interdisciplinary team. Our college promotes learning that emphasizes evidence-based practice, including the latest research and the clinical expertise, quality improvement approaches, and the use of information technology. We are accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Membership in the association indicates that the college has been carefully evaluated and found to meet standards agreed upon by qualified educators.