- Jackson Community College offers affordable, career-oriented and transferable higher education at each of its student friendly locations. JCC offers several locations to serve South Central Michigan including Jackson, Hillsdale.
The teacher population of 188 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jackson College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||188 staff||100 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- JCC was founded as Jackson Junior College in 1928 and operated as a division of the Jackson Union School District, sharing lab and library facilities with the high school. In 1962, Jackson County voters created Jackson Community College as a distinct entity; in 1964, they passed a charter millage that still funds the College today. Rapid enrollment and program growth in the 1960s spurred JCC to build a new campus on its present site. Today, the College owns more than 500 acres and sits on a scenic suburban site six miles south of the city of Jackson, with extension centers in Lenawee and Hillsdale counties. An integral educational and economic force in the Jackson-Lenawee-Hillsdale communities, JCC operates on a $27 million general fund budget. JCC has 94 full-time faculty (90 percent have postgraduate degrees in their field). 228 full-time personnel are employed at JCC, 6% fewer than one year ago. An additional 278 people work part-time. JCC has enjoyed continuous accreditation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools since 1933, the first year of eligibility.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,937 students | 7.90 Mi2800 Springport Rd
Jackson,  MI  49202
(517) 789-6123 7.901,937
- 12,295 students | 38.60 Mi4800 E Huron River Dr
Ann Arbor,  MI  48105
(734) 973-3543 38.6012,295
- 16,031 students | 40.10 Mi419 N Capitol Ave
Lansing,  MI  48901
(517) 483-1999 40.1016,031
- 5,929 students | 41.20 Mi450 North Ave
Battle Creek,  MI  49017
(269) 965-3931 41.205,929
- 3,612 students | 49.80 Mi22600 State Route 34
Archbold,  OH  43502
(419) 267-5511 49.803,612
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.