- Jackson Community College offers affordable, career-oriented and transferable higher education at each of its student friendly locations. JCC offers several locations to serve South Central Michigan including Jackson, Hillsdale.
The teacher population of 188 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jackson College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||188 staff||103 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- JCC was founded as Jackson Junior College in 1928 and operated as a division of the Jackson Union School District, sharing lab and library facilities with the high school. In 1962, Jackson County voters created Jackson Community College as a distinct entity; in 1964, they passed a charter millage that still funds the College today. Rapid enrollment and program growth in the 1960s spurred JCC to build a new campus on its present site. Today, the College owns more than 500 acres and sits on a scenic suburban site six miles south of the city of Jackson, with extension centers in Lenawee and Hillsdale counties. An integral educational and economic force in the Jackson-Lenawee-Hillsdale communities, JCC operates on a $27 million general fund budget. JCC has 94 full-time faculty (90 percent have postgraduate degrees in their field). 228 full-time personnel are employed at JCC, 6% fewer than one year ago. An additional 278 people work part-time. JCC has enjoyed continuous accreditation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools since 1933, the first year of eligibility.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,937 students | 7.90 Mi2800 Springport Rd
Jackson, MI 49202
(517) 789-6123 7.901,937
- 167 students | 37.40 Mi3215 S. Pennsylvania Avenue
Lansing, MI 48910
(517) 318-3330 37.40167
- 12,264 students | 38.60 Mi4800 E Huron River Dr
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
(734) 973-3300 38.6012,264
- 11,771 students | 40.10 Mi419 N Capitol Ave
Lansing, MI 48901
(517) 483-1957 40.1011,771
- 5,929 students | 41.20 Mi450 North Ave
Battle Creek, MI 49017
(269) 965-3931 41.205,929
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.