- Jackson Community College offers affordable, career-oriented and transferable higher education at each of its student friendly locations. JCC offers several locations to serve South Central Michigan including Jackson, Hillsdale.
The teacher population of 188 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jackson College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||188 staff||103 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- JCC was founded as Jackson Junior College in 1928 and operated as a division of the Jackson Union School District, sharing lab and library facilities with the high school. In 1962, Jackson County voters created Jackson Community College as a distinct entity; in 1964, they passed a charter millage that still funds the College today. Rapid enrollment and program growth in the 1960s spurred JCC to build a new campus on its present site. Today, the College owns more than 500 acres and sits on a scenic suburban site six miles south of the city of Jackson, with extension centers in Lenawee and Hillsdale counties. An integral educational and economic force in the Jackson-Lenawee-Hillsdale communities, JCC operates on a $27 million general fund budget. JCC has 94 full-time faculty (90 percent have postgraduate degrees in their field). 228 full-time personnel are employed at JCC, 6% fewer than one year ago. An additional 278 people work part-time. JCC has enjoyed continuous accreditation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools since 1933, the first year of eligibility.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,937 students | 7.90 Mi2800 Springport Rd
Jackson, MI 49202
(517) 789-6123 7.901,937
- 167 students | 37.40 Mi3215 S. Pennsylvania Avenue
Lansing, MI 48910
(517) 318-3330 37.40167
- 12,264 students | 38.60 Mi4800 E Huron River Dr
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
(734) 973-3300 38.6012,264
- 11,771 students | 40.10 Mi419 N Capitol Ave
Lansing, MI 48901
(517) 483-1957 40.1011,771
- 5,929 students | 41.20 Mi450 North Ave
Battle Creek, MI 49017
(269) 965-3931 41.205,929
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.