Johnson & Wales University-Norfolk
|Johnson & Wales University-Norfolk||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Johnson & Wales University is a world-class university, where students have an opportunity to pursue a career education in business, hospitality, culinary arts, or technology. Scores of majors and degree programs are offered at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral level. Johnson & Wales University was founded as a business school in 1914 in Providence, Rhode Island by Gertrude I. Johnson and Mary T. Wales. From its origins as a school devoted to business education, Johnson & Wales grew first to a junior college, then to a senior college, and ultimately to university status. Johnson & Wales' six campuses are located in Providence, Rhode Island, Charleston, South Carolina, Norfolk, Virginia, North Miami, Florida, Denver, Colorado and Charlotte, North Carolina. Established in 1987, our Norfolk campus is located in the heart of the Hampton Roads. This coastal Virginian city offers students the fun-filled Waterside Marketplace, beautiful Town Point Park and many spectacular beaches. There are also annual free outdoor concerts, dances and festivals for all to enjoy. Johnson & Wales University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges, Inc. (NEAS&C), through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- The nearest community college to Johnson & Wales University-Norfolk is Centura College-Norfolk (2.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 226 students | 2.30 Mi7020 North Military Highway
Norfolk,  VA  23518
- 315 students | 2.60 Mi6300 Center Dr Bldg 22
Norfolk,  VA  23502
- 717 students | 3.10 Mi5700 Southern Blvd Ste 100
Virginia Beach,  VA  23462
- 12,947 students | 3.20 Mi5555 Greenwich Rd Ste 300
Virginia Beach,  VA  23462
- 27,646 students | 4.70 Mi121 College Place
Norfolk,  VA  23510
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.