Johnson & Wales University-Norfolk (Closed 2020)
|Johnson & Wales University-Norfolk||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Johnson & Wales University is a world-class university, where students have an opportunity to pursue a career education in business, hospitality, culinary arts, or technology. Scores of majors and degree programs are offered at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral level. Johnson & Wales University was founded as a business school in 1914 in Providence, Rhode Island by Gertrude I. Johnson and Mary T. Wales. From its origins as a school devoted to business education, Johnson & Wales grew first to a junior college, then to a senior college, and ultimately to university status. Johnson & Wales' six campuses are located in Providence, Rhode Island, Charleston, South Carolina, Norfolk, Virginia, North Miami, Florida, Denver, Colorado and Charlotte, North Carolina. Established in 1987, our Norfolk campus is located in the heart of the Hampton Roads. This coastal Virginian city offers students the fun-filled Waterside Marketplace, beautiful Town Point Park and many spectacular beaches. There are also annual free outdoor concerts, dances and festivals for all to enjoy. Johnson & Wales University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges, Inc. (NEAS&C), through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
The nearest community college to Johnson & Wales University-Norfolk is Centura College-Norfolk (2.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 165 students | 2.30 Mi7020 North Military Highway
Norfolk, VA 23518
(757) 853-2121 2.30165
- 378 students | 2.60 Mi6300 Center Dr Bldg 22
Norfolk, VA 23502
(757) 499-5447 2.60378
- 504 students | 3.10 Mi5700 Southern Blvd Ste 100
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
(757) 490-1241 3.10504
- 13,487 students | 3.20 Mi5555 Greenwich Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
(757) 490-9090 3.2013,487
- 19,064 students | 4.70 Mi121 College Place
Norfolk, VA 23510
(757) 822-1122 4.7019,064
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.