Johnson & Wales University-Norfolk
|Johnson & Wales University-Norfolk||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Johnson & Wales University is a world-class university, where students have an opportunity to pursue a career education in business, hospitality, culinary arts, or technology. Scores of majors and degree programs are offered at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral level. Johnson & Wales University was founded as a business school in 1914 in Providence, Rhode Island by Gertrude I. Johnson and Mary T. Wales. From its origins as a school devoted to business education, Johnson & Wales grew first to a junior college, then to a senior college, and ultimately to university status. Johnson & Wales' six campuses are located in Providence, Rhode Island, Charleston, South Carolina, Norfolk, Virginia, North Miami, Florida, Denver, Colorado and Charlotte, North Carolina. Established in 1987, our Norfolk campus is located in the heart of the Hampton Roads. This coastal Virginian city offers students the fun-filled Waterside Marketplace, beautiful Town Point Park and many spectacular beaches. There are also annual free outdoor concerts, dances and festivals for all to enjoy. Johnson & Wales University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges, Inc. (NEAS&C), through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- The nearest community college to Johnson & Wales University-Norfolk is Centura College-Norfolk (2.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 226 students | 2.30 Mi7020 North Military Highway
Norfolk,  VA  23518
- 315 students | 2.60 Mi6300 Center Dr Bldg 22
Norfolk,  VA  23502
- 717 students | 3.10 Mi5700 Southern Blvd Ste 100
Virginia Beach,  VA  23462
- 12,947 students | 3.10 Mi5555 Greenwich Rd Ste 300
Virginia Beach,  VA  23462
- 27,646 students | 4.70 Mi121 College Place
Norfolk,  VA  23510
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.