ITT Technical Institute-Torrance (Closed 2016)
The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 46% over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Torrance||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ITT Technical Institute, Torrance, is one of a network of coeducational, non-denominational private postsecondary educational institutions owned and operated by ITT Educational Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation. ITT Technical Institute was founded December 1, 1959 as Teletronic Technical Institute. In July 1965, the name was changed to Sams Technical Institute. International Telephone & Telegraph Corporation acquired the school in 1966. The name of the school was changed in September 1970 to ITT Technical Institute. The school moved to its present location in September 1996. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology, a bachelor of applied science degree program of study in Automated Manufacturing Technology and bachelor of science degree programs of study in Business Adminstration, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Industrial Automation Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security, Software Engineering Technology and Technical Project Management. Other branches of ITT Technical Institute are located in Norfolk, Virginia, Norwood, Massachusetts, Woburn Massachusetts, Louisville, Kentucky and Arnold, Missouri. ITT Technical Institute, Torrance, opened in October 1986 in Carson, California, initially offering an associate degree program of study in Electronics Engineering Technology. The school now offers associate of science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology-Computer Network Systems, Information Technology-Multimedia and bachelor of science degree programs of study in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security, Software Engineering Technology and Technical Project Management. The school moved to its present location in March 1998. In December 2004 branches of the school opened in Kansas City, Missouri and Kennesaw, Georgia, and in 2006 a learning site opened in Culver City, California. The school is located at 20050 S. Vermont Avenue, in Torrance, California. The facility of 30,000 square feet contains classrooms, laboratories, administrative and student services offices. Parking, sidewalk and classroom ramps, restrooms and pay phones are available for disabled persons. The school also occupies 13,358 square feet at its learning site at 6101 West Centinela Ave., Suite 180, in Culver City with classrooms, labratories and a student break area. The facility is in compliance with federal, state and local ordinances and regulations, including those relating to safety and health. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate of science and bachelor of science degrees. ITT Technical Institute was granted authorization by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education under Section 94900 of the California Educational Code, as a degree-granting institution.
The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Torrance is El Camino Community College District (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 24,820 students | 1.90 Mi16007 Crenshaw Blvd
Torrance, CA 90506
(310) 532-3670 1.9024,820
- 5,678 students | 5.10 Mi1600 W. Imperial Hwy.
Los Angeles, CA 90047
(323) 241-5225 5.105,678
- 8,704 students | 5.80 Mi1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington, CA 90744
(310) 233-4000 5.808,704
- 7,046 students | 6.50 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton, CA 90221
(310) 900-1600 6.507,046
- 310 students | 7.10 Mi272 S Fries Ave l Los Angeles Harbor
Wilmington, CA 90744
(310) 816-5700 7.10310
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.