ITT Technical Institute-Tarentum (Closed 2016)
The teacher population of 7 teachers has declined by 61% over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Tarentum||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||36 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ITT Technical Institute, Monroeville, is one of a network of coeducational, non-denominational private postsecondary educational institutions owned and operated by ITT Educational Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation. ? ITT Technical Institute, Youngstown, Ohio began at ITT Technical Institute, Youngstown, Ohio in September 1967 under the name Youngstown College of Business and Professional Drafting. In April 1969, the school was purchased by ITT Educational Services, Inc. In January 1986 the school changed its name to ITT Technical Institute. The school now offers associate degree programs of study in Business Administration, Business Accounting Technology, Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design, Criminal Justice and Information Technology. In November 1992 a branch of ITT Technical Institute, Youngstown, Ohio opened in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and in September 1996 a branch opened in Monroeville, Pennsylvania. ITT Technical Institute, Monroeville, Pennsylvania opened in September 1996 offering Electronics Engineering Technology. The school now offers associate in specialized Technology degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design, Information Technology-Computer Network Systems, Information Technology-Multimedia, Information Technology-Software Applications and Programming and Information Technology-Web Development. ITT Technical Institute is located in Suite 200 East of the ExpoMart on Business Route 22 just two miles from Exit 6 on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The school occupies approximately 33,000 square feet of space housing classrooms, offices, a student lounge and a learning resource center. The facility is accessible to disabled individuals. The facility is in compliance with federal, state and local ordinances and regulations, including those relating to safety and health. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate in specialized technology degrees.
The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Tarentum is Career Training Academy-Lower Burrell (4.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 120 students | 4.90 Mi179 Hillcrest Shopping Center
Lower Burrell, PA 15068
(724) 337-1000 4.90120
- 217 students | 10.40 Mi5808 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
(412) 362-8500 10.40217
- 149 students | 13.50 Mi1940 Perrysville Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15214
(412) 359-1000 13.50149
- 78 students | 13.50 Mi191 Performance Road
Sunbury, PA 17801
(570) 988-0700 13.5078
- 136 students | 13.60 Mi421 Seventh Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
(412) 281-2600 13.60136
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.