ITT Technical Institute-Springfield (Springfield - 22153) (Closed 2016)
- ITT Educational Services, Inc. is a leading private college system focused on technology-oriented programs of study. It operates over 105 ITT Technical Institutes in 37 states which predominantly provide career-focused, degree programs to approximately 70,000 students. Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, it has been actively involved in the higher education community in the United States since 1969. The five schools at the ITT Technical Institutes [School of Information Technology, School of Drafting and Design, School of Electronics Technology, School of Business, and School of Criminal Justice] teach skills and knowledge that can be used to begin careers in our global technology-driven culture. Most ITT Technical Institute programs of study blend traditional academic content with applied learning concepts, with a significant portion devoted to practical study in a lab environment. Advisory committees, comprised of representatives of local businesses and employers, help each ITT Technical Institute periodically assess and update curricula, equipment and laboratory design.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Springfield (Springfield - 22153)||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||22 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||757 students||1,577 students|
|# Full-Time Students||596 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||161 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,800||$29,400|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Springfield (Springfield - 22153) is Northern Virginia Community College (6.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 51,487 students | 6.90 Mi4001 Wakefield Chapel Rd
Annandale,  VA  22003
- 1,371 students | 9.40 Mi6565 Arlington Boulevard
Falls Church,  VA  22042
- 428 students | 9.70 Mi8300 Merrifield Ave 3F
Fairfax,  VA  22031
- 2,849 students | 11.60 Mi7777 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church,  VA  22043
- 327 students | 13.90 Mi8255 Shopper\'s Square
Manassas,  VA  20111
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.