Herzing University-Winter Park
- The mission of Herzing College is to provide degree and diploma higher education programs of high quality that are designed to prepare a diverse student population to meet the needs of employers in technology, business, health care, design, and public safety. The career-oriented degree programs contain a complementary and integrated general education curriculum established to stimulate students' intellectual growth, to contribute to their personal development, and to enhance their potential for career advancement.
Herzing University-Winter Park places among the top 20% of community colleges in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Herzing University-Winter Park||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||28 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||430 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||276 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||154 students||655 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,100||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The first Herzing College was founded as a computer programming school in 1965 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, by Henry and Suzanne Herzing. Since 1965, Herzing College has grown from a modest classroom to a progressive leader in career education with eleven campuses in the U.S., four campuses in Canada, and on online division. All U.S. campus locations award bachelors of science degrees and associate of science degrees in such areas as network technology, electronics, programming and business administration. While expanding its campuses, Herzing also diversified its educational programs to include the fields of business management, electronics, health care, design, and public safety. It also raised the level of credentials from not only diplomas, but also bachelors of science degrees and associate of science degrees at all its U.S. campuses. Herzing College in Orlando was established in 1995 and offers bachelor's degrees, associate degrees, and diplomas. Herzing College provides its students with a quality education with state-of-the-industry technology, industry-certified instructors, and personalized employment assistance services. Herzing University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org, 800-621-7440) Financial aid is only available for those who qualify..For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at http://info.herzing.edu. Herzing University admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin..
- The nearest community college to Herzing University-Winter Park is Full Sail University (1.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 19,285 students | 1.40 Mi3300 University Blvd
Winter Park,  FL  32792
- 410 students | 2.60 Mi177 Montgomery Road
Altamonte Springs,  FL  32714
- 242 students | 3.40 Mi7275 Estapona Circle
Casselberry,  FL  32730
- 14 students | 3.90 Mi1573 W. Fairbanks Ave Suite #100
Winter Park,  FL  32789
- 2,090 students | 4.40 Mi671 Winyah Drive
Orlando,  FL  32803
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.