Herzing University-Winter Park
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (407) 478-0500
- It is the mission of Herzing University to educate, support, and empower all students for success in work, learning and engagement in our communities and global society. The career-oriented degree programs contain a complementary and integrated general education curriculum established to stimulate students' intellectual growth, to contribute to their personal development, and to enhance their potential for career advancement.
Herzing University-Winter Park places among the top 20% of community colleges in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 42% over five years.
|Herzing University-Winter Park||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||40 staff||55 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The first Herzing College was founded as a computer programming school in 1965 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, by Henry and Suzanne Herzing. Since 1965, Herzing College has grown from a modest classroom to a progressive leader in career education with eleven campuses in the U.S., four campuses in Canada, and on online division. All U.S. campus locations award bachelors of science degrees and associate of science degrees in such areas as network technology, electronics, programming and business administration. While expanding its campuses, Herzing also diversified its educational programs to include the fields of business management, electronics, health care, design, and public safety. It also raised the level of credentials from not only diplomas, but also bachelors of science degrees and associate of science degrees at all its U.S. campuses. Herzing College in Orlando was established in 1995 and offers bachelor's degrees, associate degrees, and diplomas. Herzing College provides its students with a quality education with state-of-the-industry technology, industry-certified instructors, and personalized employment assistance services. Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois, 606141413, www.hlcommission.org, (800) 621-7400..For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at http://info.herzing.edu. Herzing University admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin..
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Herzing University-Winter Park is Full Sail University (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 20,170 students | 1.50 Mi3300 University Blvd
Winter Park,  FL  32792
(407) 679-0100 1.5020,170
- 889 students | 3.80 Mi989 North Semoran Boulevard
Orlando,  FL  32807
(407) 956-5501 3.80889
- 14 students | 3.80 Mi1573 W. Fairbanks Ave Suite #100
Winter Park,  FL  32789
(407) 843-3984 3.8014
- 1,705 students | 4.30 Mi671 Winyah Drive
Orlando,  FL  32803
(407) 303-7742 4.301,705
- 168 students | 6.40 Mi177 Montgomery Road
Altamonte Springs,  FL  32714
(407) 831-9816 6.40168
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.