Valencia College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 811 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Valencia College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||811 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||43,217 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||53:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||16,437 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||26,780 students||655 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,100||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since our founding in 1967, Valencia Community College has been "about" one thing: helping students become as successful as possible in their classes, careers and lives. And from this premise, we have grown to become a multi-campus college serving over 52,000 students a year. We've also evolved into a valuable community partner offering excellent workforce training and economic development. From those humble beginnings, Valencia has become an innovative leader in higher education with a national reputation for teaching excellence. With four campuses and two centers in the Orlando area, Valencia is now the third largest of Florida's 28 community colleges, teaching more than 50,000 students a year. To better meet the needs of our students, Valencia opened the East Campus in 1975, the Osceola Campus in 1997 and the Winter Park Campus in 1998. Yet we never lost sight of our original goals. Armed with practical knowledge, Valencia's faculty and staff put their energies into a "learning-centered" philosophy that emphasizes individual student success. In an ongoing effort to be responsive to the business community, Valencia builds relationships with high schools, universities and corporate partners to strengthen academic scholarship and economic development. Valencia has hundreds of corporate education/training partnerships, including those with Florida Hospital, Lockheed Martin, NationsBank, Sea World, SmithKline/Beecham, and Universal Studios. The National Alliance of Business named Valencia "National Community College of the Year" in 1998 for its "effective and innovative leadership" in meeting the workforce needs of business and industry. The recognition is considered one of the country's most prestigious higher education awards. Valencia Foundation's mission is to enhance learning, workforce training and economic development in Central Florida through the support of scholarships, teaching chairs, programs and buildings for Valencia Community College.
- The nearest community college to Valencia College is Adventist University of Health Sciences (2.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,090 students | 2.60 Mi671 Winyah Drive
Orlando,  FL  32803
- 14 students | 3.70 Mi1573 W. Fairbanks Ave Suite #100
Winter Park,  FL  32789
- 634 students | 4.90 Mi5421 Diplomat Circle
Orlando,  FL  32810
- 211 students | 5.00 Mi6039 South Rio Grande Avenue
Orlando,  FL  32809
- 47 students | 5.80 Mi6359 Edgewater Drive
Orlando,  FL  32810
Learn the important role community colleges have take in improving homeland security.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.