Heald College-Roseville (Closed 2015)
- Heald's mission was to prepare students for business careers by providing them with career education that focused on practical, hands-on learning. As the needs of the workplace changed, the Heald College curriculum evolved from business courses to degrees in business, technology and healthcare, opening campuses across California, Hawaii, and Oregon.
The teacher population of 38 teachers has grown by 11% over five years.
|Heald College-Roseville||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||38 staff||145 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Heald is a nonprofit, regionally accredited private career college with campuses throughout the western United States in California, Oregon and Hawaii. We've been preparing students for workplace success since our establishment in 1863. Heald started with one campus in San Francisco, back in 1863, and expanded to 11 campuses across the western United States: Concord, Fresno, Hayward, Rancho Cordova, Roseville, Salinas, San Francisco, San Jose, Stockton, Honolulu and Portland. Heald's Roseville campus has been serving valley residents since 1986. Over the years, Heald Roseville has evolved into a leading career college that offers a range of programs in business, technology and healthcare. As the greater Sacramento area emerges as a great market for new jobs, we continue to carry out our tradition of educating students to become uniquely qualified for rewarding careers with top local employers. The school covers 50,000-square-foot facility that sits along the Interstate 80 corridor, in the center of the Roseville/Rocklin. All Heald campuses are regionally accredited through the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 18,314 students | 4.70 Mi5100 Sierra College Blvd
Rocklin,  CA  95677
(916) 624-3333 4.7018,314
- 248 students | 5.80 Mi7301 Greenback Ln., Ste. A
Citrus Heights,  CA  95621
(916) 722-8200 5.80248
- 787 students | 7.70 Mi5221 Madison Avenue
Sacramento,  CA  95841
(916) 339-1500 7.70787
- 31,366 students | 8.60 Mi4700 College Oak Dr
Sacramento,  CA  95841
(916) 484-8011 8.6031,366
- 85 students | 9.80 Mi2339 Gold Meadow Way, Suite 111
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
(916) 649-2400 9.8085
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.