Heald College-Fresno (Closed 2015)
The teacher population of 47 teachers has declined by 6% over five years.
|Heald College-Fresno||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||47 staff||308 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Heald is a nonprofit, regionally accredited private career college that has been preparing students for rewarding careers in Business, Technology and Healthcare for over 140 years. We started with one campus in San Francisco, back in 1863, and we've expanded to 11 campuses across the western United States: Concord, Fresno, Hayward, Rancho Cordova, Roseville, Salinas, San Francisco, San Jose, Stockton, Honolulu and Portland. For more than 140 years, Heald College has been committed to preparing students for academic, personal, and professional success through quality career-focused programs that develop skills to last a lifetime. Because Heald College is a nonprofit educational institution, it invests in its students by providing small classes and fostering a supportive environment for learning. Since its establishment in 1906, Heald Fresno has evolved into a leading career college that offers a range of programs in business, technology and healthcare. The Fresno, California campus of Heald College opened in 1906. As San Joaquin Valley emerges as a market for new jobs, Heald College continues a tradition of providing uniquely qualified graduates from its 38,000-square-foot facility. All Heald campuses are regionally accredited through the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). That means we're recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for meeting high standards for providing excellence in education.
The nearest community college to Heald College-Fresno is San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno (0.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 539 students | 0.90 Mi295 East Sierra Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
(559) 448-8282 0.90539
- 24,806 students | 3.90 Mi1101 E. University Ave
Fresno, CA 93741
(559) 442-4600 3.9024,806
- 1,310 students | 4.10 Mi564 W Herndon
Clovis, CA 93612
(559) 297-4500 4.101,310
- 77 students | 4.90 Mi4985 East Andersen Ave
Fresno, CA 93727
(559) 453-0123 4.9077
- 7,765 students | 5.70 Mi10309 North Willow Avenue
Fresno, CA 93730
(559) 325-5200 5.707,765
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.