Heald College-Fresno (Closed 2015)
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Heald College-Fresno||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||47 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,301 students||7,516 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,082 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||219 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,700||$34,600|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Heald is a nonprofit, regionally accredited private career college that has been preparing students for rewarding careers in Business, Technology and Healthcare for over 140 years. We started with one campus in San Francisco, back in 1863, and we've expanded to 11 campuses across the western United States: Concord, Fresno, Hayward, Rancho Cordova, Roseville, Salinas, San Francisco, San Jose, Stockton, Honolulu and Portland. For more than 140 years, Heald College has been committed to preparing students for academic, personal, and professional success through quality career-focused programs that develop skills to last a lifetime. Because Heald College is a nonprofit educational institution, it invests in its students by providing small classes and fostering a supportive environment for learning. Since its establishment in 1906, Heald Fresno has evolved into a leading career college that offers a range of programs in business, technology and healthcare. The Fresno, California campus of Heald College opened in 1906. As San Joaquin Valley emerges as a market for new jobs, Heald College continues a tradition of providing uniquely qualified graduates from its 38,000-square-foot facility. All Heald campuses are regionally accredited through the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). That means we're recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for meeting high standards for providing excellence in education.
- The nearest community college to Heald College-Fresno is San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno (0.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 0.80 Mi295 East Sierra Avenue
Fresno,  CA  93710
- 22,307 students | 3.80 Mi1101 E. University Ave
Fresno,  CA  93741
- 1,509 students | 4.10 Mi564 W Herndon
Clovis,  CA  93612
- 272 students | 5.00 Mi44 Shaw Avenue, Rodeo Plaza
Clovis,  CA  93612
- n/a students | 5.00 Mi4985 East Andersen Ave
Fresno,  CA  93727
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.