Heald College-Fresno (Closed 2015)
The teacher population of 47 teachers has declined by 6% over five years.
|Heald College-Fresno||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||47 staff||97 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Heald is a nonprofit, regionally accredited private career college that has been preparing students for rewarding careers in Business, Technology and Healthcare for over 140 years. We started with one campus in San Francisco, back in 1863, and we've expanded to 11 campuses across the western United States: Concord, Fresno, Hayward, Rancho Cordova, Roseville, Salinas, San Francisco, San Jose, Stockton, Honolulu and Portland. For more than 140 years, Heald College has been committed to preparing students for academic, personal, and professional success through quality career-focused programs that develop skills to last a lifetime. Because Heald College is a nonprofit educational institution, it invests in its students by providing small classes and fostering a supportive environment for learning. Since its establishment in 1906, Heald Fresno has evolved into a leading career college that offers a range of programs in business, technology and healthcare. The Fresno, California campus of Heald College opened in 1906. As San Joaquin Valley emerges as a market for new jobs, Heald College continues a tradition of providing uniquely qualified graduates from its 38,000-square-foot facility. All Heald campuses are regionally accredited through the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). That means we're recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for meeting high standards for providing excellence in education.
The nearest community college to Heald College-Fresno is San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno (0.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 0.90 Mi295 East Sierra Avenue
Fresno,  CA  93710
(559) 448-8282 0.90n/a
- 22,307 students | 3.90 Mi1101 E. University Ave
Fresno,  CA  93741
(559) 442-4600 3.9022,307
- 1,509 students | 4.10 Mi564 W Herndon
Clovis,  CA  93612
(559) 297-4500 4.101,509
- n/a students | 4.90 Mi4985 East Andersen Ave
Fresno,  CA  93727
(559) 453-0123 4.90n/a
- 14,633 students | 24.00 Mi995 N Reed Ave
Reedley,  CA  93654
(559) 638-3641 24.0014,633
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.