- Fresno City College, California's first community college, is a comprehensive learning community offering innovative instructional programs in anticipation of and responsive to the lifelong learning needs of our diverse population.
Fresno City College serves 22,278 students (27% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the state community college average of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 81% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 74%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 22,278 students
- In-state tuition: $1,188
- Out-state tuition: $6,828
- Student:teacher ratio: 23:1
- Minority enrollment: 81%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Fresno City College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 952 teachers has grown by 88% over five years.
Fresno City College
(CA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Fresno City College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five years.
The Fresno City College diversity score of 0.62 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $1,188 is less than the state average of $1,246. The in-state tuition has declined by 10% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,828 is more than the state average of $6,603. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The college's history began in 1907 when C. L. McLane, then superintendent of schools for the city of Fresno, recognized the need for college instruction for San Joaquin Valley students. Largely through McLane's efforts, Fresno Junior College was established. The first class consisted of 20 students and three instructors. The California Community College system has now grown to 109 campuses, enrolling approximately 1.5 million students. Fresno City College has built upon its rich history and gone on to pioneer many new developments in community college education. Thou-sands of local people have worked through the years to make Fresno City College a viable and strong educational institution. The College provides a wide variety of supportive services to assist our students in achieving their educational goals. Moreover, we are dedicated to working collaboratively with our community to enhance the economic and social development of the region.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Fresno City College cost?
Fresno City College's tuition is approximately $1,188 for In-State students and $6,828 for Out-State students.
What is Fresno City College's ranking?
Fresno City College ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Percent of students receiving financial aid, Largest student body and Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.