Fresno City College
Tel: (559) 442-4600
- Fresno City College, California's first community college, is a comprehensive learning community offering innovative instructional programs in anticipation of and responsive to the lifelong learning needs of our diverse population.
The teacher population of 504 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fresno City College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||504 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college's history began in 1907 when C. L. McLane, then superintendent of schools for the city of Fresno, recognized the need for college instruction for San Joaquin Valley students. Largely through McLane's efforts, Fresno Junior College was established. The first class consisted of 20 students and three instructors. The California Community College system has now grown to 109 campuses, enrolling approximately 1.5 million students. Fresno City College has built upon its rich history and gone on to pioneer many new developments in community college education. Thou-sands of local people have worked through the years to make Fresno City College a viable and strong educational institution. The College provides a wide variety of supportive services to assist our students in achieving their educational goals. Moreover, we are dedicated to working collaboratively with our community to enhance the economic and social development of the region.
The nearest community college to Fresno City College is San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno Aviation (4.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 77 students | 4.00 Mi4985 East Andersen Ave
Fresno, CA 93727
(559) 453-0123 4.0077
- 539 students | 4.50 Mi295 East Sierra Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
(559) 448-8282 4.50539
- 1,133 students | 6.40 Mi564 W Herndon
Clovis, CA 93612
(559) 297-4500 6.401,133
- 7,765 students | 9.10 Mi10309 North Willow Avenue
Fresno, CA 93730
(559) 325-5200 9.107,765
- 11,189 students | 21.90 Mi995 N Reed Ave
Reedley, CA 93654
(559) 638-0300 21.9011,189
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.