Fresno City College
- Fresno City College, California's first community college, is a comprehensive learning community offering innovative instructional programs in anticipation of and responsive to the lifelong learning needs of our diverse population.
- The teacher population of 504 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fresno City College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||504 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||22,307 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||44:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||7,820 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||14,487 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college's history began in 1907 when C. L. McLane, then superintendent of schools for the city of Fresno, recognized the need for college instruction for San Joaquin Valley students. Largely through McLane's efforts, Fresno Junior College was established. The first class consisted of 20 students and three instructors. The California Community College system has now grown to 109 campuses, enrolling approximately 1.5 million students. Fresno City College has built upon its rich history and gone on to pioneer many new developments in community college education. Thou-sands of local people have worked through the years to make Fresno City College a viable and strong educational institution. The College provides a wide variety of supportive services to assist our students in achieving their educational goals. Moreover, we are dedicated to working collaboratively with our community to enhance the economic and social development of the region.
- The nearest community college to Fresno City College is San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno Aviation (4.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 4.00 Mi4985 East Andersen Ave
Fresno,  CA  93727
- n/a students | 4.40 Mi295 East Sierra Avenue
Fresno,  CA  93710
- 1,509 students | 6.40 Mi564 W Herndon
Clovis,  CA  93612
- 14,633 students | 21.90 Mi995 N Reed Ave
Reedley,  CA  93654
- 3,976 students | 32.80 Mi555 College Avenue
Lemoore,  CA  93245
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.