Fresno City College
Tel: (559) 442-4600
- Fresno City College, California's first community college, is a comprehensive learning community offering innovative instructional programs in anticipation of and responsive to the lifelong learning needs of our diverse population.
The teacher population of 952 teachers has grown by 47% over five years.
|Fresno City College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||952 staff||308 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college's history began in 1907 when C. L. McLane, then superintendent of schools for the city of Fresno, recognized the need for college instruction for San Joaquin Valley students. Largely through McLane's efforts, Fresno Junior College was established. The first class consisted of 20 students and three instructors. The California Community College system has now grown to 109 campuses, enrolling approximately 1.5 million students. Fresno City College has built upon its rich history and gone on to pioneer many new developments in community college education. Thou-sands of local people have worked through the years to make Fresno City College a viable and strong educational institution. The College provides a wide variety of supportive services to assist our students in achieving their educational goals. Moreover, we are dedicated to working collaboratively with our community to enhance the economic and social development of the region.
The nearest community college to Fresno City College is San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno Aviation (4.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 77 students | 4.00 Mi4985 East Andersen Ave
Fresno, CA 93727
(559) 453-0123 4.0077
- 539 students | 4.50 Mi295 East Sierra Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
(559) 448-8282 4.50539
- 1,310 students | 6.40 Mi564 W Herndon
Clovis, CA 93612
(559) 297-4500 6.401,310
- 7,765 students | 9.10 Mi10309 North Willow Avenue
Fresno, CA 93730
(559) 325-5200 9.107,765
- 11,296 students | 21.90 Mi995 N Reed Ave
Reedley, CA 93654
(559) 638-0300 21.9011,296
Learn about the specific financial aid and scholarship opportunities available to veterans attending community college. You served our country - now let the country serve you financially.
If you are considering medical school, you may be wondering how your application could be impacted by attending community college. Learn more about the pros and cons of community college degrees for med school applications.
Learn about the increasing numbers of older, professional students attending community colleges, which offer excellent opportunities for adult learners.