Georgia Military College
- The mission of Georgia Military College is to produce educated, contributing citizens by providing its high school and middle school students an inclusive college preparatory curriculum and its college students a liberal arts based two-year undergraduate curriculum in an environment conducive to the holistic development of the intellect and character of its students.
The teacher population of 66 teachers has declined by 17% over five years.
|Georgia Military College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|Total Faculty||66 staff||94 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,499||$9,775|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,500||$4,490|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Georgia Military College is a co-educational, accredited, liberal arts, junior college that opens its doors to qualified and highly motivated high school graduates who are determined to earn a college degree. Georgia Military College was created by act of the Georgia legislature in 1879 for the purpose of "...educating young men and women in an environment which fosters the qualities of good citizenship...." It continues to fulfill its original purpose by embracing the philosophy that education is two dimensional, involving development of the intellect along with elevating the qualities of character of the student. With five centers and two extension offices located around the state, Georgia Military College offers more than just a great education, we offer convenience as well. Georgia Military College brings to traditional and non-traditional students a great two year education at the following sites: Atlanta , Augusta, Columbus, Madison, Valdosta, Warner Robins. The extension centers are situated at Madison and Sandersville. Georgia Military College is accredited by The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), the recognized regional accrediting body in the eleven U.S. Southern states (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia) and in Latin America for those institutions of higher education that award associate, baccalaureate, master's, or doctoral degrees.
The nearest community college to Georgia Military College is Oconee Fall Line Technical College (22.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,428 students | 22.90 Mi1189 Deepstep Rd
Sandersville, GA 31082
(478) 553-2050 22.901,428
- 5,780 students | 34.60 Mi100 College Station Dr
Macon, GA 31206
(478) 471-2700 34.605,780
- 1,270 students | 38.60 Mi801 Duke Avenue
Warner Robins, GA 31093
- 1,851 students | 44.30 Mi560 Pinehill Rd
Dublin, GA 31021
(478) 275-6589 44.301,851
- 8,219 students | 45.00 Mi80 Cohen Walker Drive
Warner Robins, GA 31088
(478) 757-3400 45.008,219
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?