Georgia Military College
- The mission of Georgia Military College is to produce educated, contributing citizens by providing its high school and middle school students an inclusive college preparatory curriculum and its college students a liberal arts based two-year undergraduate curriculum in an environment conducive to the holistic development of the intellect and character of its students.
|Georgia Military College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||- staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,400||$29,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||78%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,499||$9,775|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,500||$4,490|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Georgia Military College is a co-educational, accredited, liberal arts, junior college that opens its doors to qualified and highly motivated high school graduates who are determined to earn a college degree. Georgia Military College was created by act of the Georgia legislature in 1879 for the purpose of "...educating young men and women in an environment which fosters the qualities of good citizenship...." It continues to fulfill its original purpose by embracing the philosophy that education is two dimensional, involving development of the intellect along with elevating the qualities of character of the student. With five centers and two extension offices located around the state, Georgia Military College offers more than just a great education, we offer convenience as well. Georgia Military College brings to traditional and non-traditional students a great two year education at the following sites: Atlanta , Augusta, Columbus, Madison, Valdosta, Warner Robins. The extension centers are situated at Madison and Sandersville. Georgia Military College is accredited by The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), the recognized regional accrediting body in the eleven U.S. Southern states (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia) and in Latin America for those institutions of higher education that award associate, baccalaureate, master's, or doctoral degrees.
- The nearest community college to Georgia Military College is Oconee Fall Line Technical College (23.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,659 students | 23.20 Mi1189 Deepstep Rd
Sandersville,  GA  31082
- 7,625 students | 32.80 Mi80 Cohen Walker Drive
Warner Robins,  GA  31088
- n/a students | 34.90 Mi100 College Station Dr
Macon,  GA  31206
- n/a students | 38.50 Mi801 Duke Avenue
Warner Robins,  GA  31093
- 1,851 students | 44.20 Mi560 Pinehill Rd
Dublin,  GA  31021
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.