Lakeshore Technical College
Lakeshore Technical College Photo #2 - Drivers train on the LTC Driving Skills Course, which opened in October 2009.
Lakeshore Technical College Photo #6 - LTC students share their experiences with legislators during the annual Legislative Breakfast at LTC.
Lakeshore Technical College Photo #7 - Apprentice students and officials dedicate a model Manitowoc Crane in May 2010, signifying the success of apprenticeship programs and the relationships LTC has formed with industry.
Lakeshore Technical College Photo #9 - LTC student Andrew Hrlevich participates in the installation of LTC's third campus wind turbine in June 2010.
- LTC's mission is to enrich lives and strengthen the economy by preparing a workforce that is skilled, diverse, and flexible.
- The teacher population of 128 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lakeshore Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||128 staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,008 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||779 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,229 students||2,229 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,200||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lakeshore Technical College (LTC) is a public, coeducational, vocational, technical, and adult education college which provides training on a full- or part-time basis for occupational preparation and upgrading. Lakeshore Technical College is one of sixteen districts in the Wisconsin Technical College System. Lakeshore Technical College offers more than 70 programs in the career clusters of Accelerated Delivery, Agriculture, Apprenticeships, Automotive, Business, Computers/Electronics, Environmental, Health/Community Services, Legal, Manufacturing/Industrial as well as a variety of short-term learning opportunities. Offerings include associate degree, technical diploma, technical certificate, advanced technical certificate, Individualized Technical Studies (ITS), Adult Basic Education (ABE), High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED), General Education Development (GED), special programs for business and industry, apprenticeship, high school credit, and adult education. Lakeshore Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Lakeshore Technical College is Moraine Park Technical College (34.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,280 students | 34.60 Mi235 N National Avenue
Fond Du Lac,  WI  54936
- 10,361 students | 42.80 Mi1825 N Bluemound Dr
Appleton,  WI  54912
- 1,132 students | 44.60 Mi904 South Taylor Street, Suite 100
Green Bay,  WI  54303
- 10,406 students | 45.00 Mi2740 W Mason St
Green Bay,  WI  54307
- 16,712 students | 61.40 Mi700 W State St
Milwaukee,  WI  53233
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.