- The mission of Tri-State Business Institute to provide students with the practical skills and the responsible behaviors necessary to secure rewarding careers in their specialized fields of study. To accomplish this mission, the Institute provides students with updated postsecondary technical knowledge and skill level.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fortis Institute-Erie||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||40 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||652 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||442 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||210 students||246 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,500||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Tri-State Business Institute offers Associate in Specialized Business Degree and Diploma programs in Programming, Database Administration, Digital Graphic & Multimedia Design, Microcomputer Applications, Networking, Web Site Development, Security / Forensics, Business Administration / Accounting, Business Administration / Marketing and Management, Professional Administrative Assistant, Nursing, Medical Transcription, Therapeutic Massage, Medical Coding, Medical Records, Dental Assistant, Medical Assistant, EMT / Paramedic, Legal careers, Cosmetology careers and welding careers. Tri-State Business Institute is an authorized Microsoft Office Specialist Testing Site and an Authorized Prometric/Certiport Testing Center. We offer certification exams for many of the skill areas within our programs. You can take a class and get certified right away. Tri-State Business Institute has successfully tested and certified over 700 students in Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Cisco, CompTIA, NCCT, and CIW. The library/resource center offers reference sources and a collection of books, journals, magazines, and materials related to the curriculums offered at the school. TSBI is a member of the Northwest Interlibrary Cooperative of Pennsylvania (NICOP) which allows for the sharing of library materials by Northwestern Pennsylvania Post-Secondary Educational Institutions. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award Occupational Associate Degrees and Diplomas.
- The nearest community college to Fortis Institute-Erie is Erie Institute Of Technology (EIT) (4.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 205 students | 4.00 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16510
- 232 students | 4.00 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16565
- 46 students | 5.00 Mi2000 Liberty St
Erie,  PA  16502
- 125 students | 30.00 Mi847 N Main Street Ste 204
Meadville,  PA  16335
- 2,281 students | 35.70 Mi3300 Lake Road West
Ashtabula,  OH  44004
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.