- Florida College is a private, residential college that emphasiszes strong academics within a spiritual environment. Located in Temple Terrace, FL, the school was founded in 1946 and has been encouraging and educating class after class ever since that time.
- Enrollment: 538 students
- Private-state tuition: $15,330
- Acceptance Rate: 75%
- Student:teacher ratio: 4:1
- Minority enrollment: 22%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Florida College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Florida College was conceived in 1942, its charter drafted in 1944, and its first students enrolled in 1946. From its beginning the College has remained independent of church affiliation and has operated without financial support either from churches or from the government. The campus overlooks the scenic Hillsborough River just northeast of Tampa, Florida, within the suburban community of Temple Terrace. This location provides convenient access to the Tampa International Airport and two major interstate highways (75 and 4), as well as to the cultural advantages of a major metropolis. In 1954 the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools granted Florida College full accreditation for the Associate of Arts degree. In 1996 the Association granted accreditation for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Biblical Studies. More recently, the College has expanded its bachelor's degree programs to include a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, a Bachelor of Arts in Music, a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and an interdisciplinary Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies. Florida College offers student athletes ample opportunities to shine. Men may compete on the intercollegiate level in basketball, soccer and cross country and women compete in volleyball, soccer and cross country. If you're not on a team but you still love to play, become a competitor on the intramural fields, where societies vie for victory in flag football, basketball, softball, and volleyball. Either way, Falcon spirit and Florida sun give FC students a refreshing change of pace and a healthy sense of competition.