- With over forty years of providing excellence in education, Hillsborough Community College is the ninth largest of Florida's 28 member community college system. HCC is a public, state-supported college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. HCC aims for a high-quality learning environment that prepares its students to excel in Academics and Athletics as leaders in a global economy.
Hillsborough Community College serves 19,532 students (46% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is same as the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 60% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 59%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 19,532 students
- In-state tuition: $2,506
- Out-state tuition: $9,111
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 60%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Hillsborough Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
The teacher population of 1,403 teachers has grown by 101% over five years.
Hillsborough Community College
(FL) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Four or more years
Private, for profit
The student population of Hillsborough Community College has declined by 29% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five years.
The Hillsborough Community College diversity score of 0.73 is more than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,506 is less than the state average of $3,280. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $9,111 is less than the state average of $10,578. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- There are many great reasons to choose HCC. With campuses on Dale Mabry Highway and in Ybor City, Plant City, and Brandon, our students can find classes at convenient locations and times. Teaching takes priority over research for our faculty, and with smaller class sizes, your professor will actually know your name. Graduate with an Associate of Arts Degree and you are guaranteed admission as a junior to any state university and to many private colleges. Earn an Associate in Science Degree and you will be prepared to enter the competitive workforce. The Brandon Campus offers an array of credit classes, including those needed to earn an Associate in Arts degree. Home to the College s Honors Institute, the main campus is located on an 82-acre site off Falkenburg Road, between SR 60 and Hwy. 574. HCC has four primary campus locations, two satellite locations, a very active distance learning program (eCampus), and a comprehensive corporate training center (Corporate Training Center @ HCC). With HCC you can expect small classes, individual attention, day, evening, weekend & eClasses, convenient locations, affordable tuition and regionally-accredited AA & AS degrees. Hillsborough Community College district support services are located on Davis Island. These offices support the critical functions of the Hillsborough Community College District and the campuses. Some of the offices here are our financial services, marketing, academic affairs, our management and research statistics and human resources.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Hillsborough Community College cost?
Hillsborough Community College's tuition is approximately $2,506 for In-State students and $9,111 for Out-State students.
What is Hillsborough Community College's ranking?
Hillsborough Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Florida for: Least expensive tuition, Largest student body and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.