Flint River Technical College (Closed 2005)
- Southern Crescent Technical College was established in July 2010 from the merger of Flint River Technical College (FRTC) and Griffin Technical College (GTC). Southern Crescent Technical College is a flagship technical college in the state, with a combined student population of over 6,500 credit students. As one of the largest technical colleges in Georgia, the two campus locations and three centers will serve the workforce and community needs of the over 500,000 citizens in the ten counties of the South Atlanta region including Butts, Fayette, Henry, Jasper, Lamar, Pike, Spalding, Talbot, Taylor, and Upson counties. The College will also serve an additional 3,500 students per quarter in Adult Education and Continuing Education programs. Southern Crescent Technical College will offer nearly 200 associate degree, diploma, and technical certificate programs to provide the trained workforce needed to help stimulate Georgia’s community and economic growth and development.
|Flint River Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,800||$31,500|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||97%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2010 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Flint River Technical College is Gordon State College (12.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,047 students | 12.70 Mi419 College Dr
Barnesville,  GA  30204
- 4,898 students | 22.10 Mi501 Varsity Rd
Griffin,  GA  30223
- n/a students | 36.00 Mi100 College Station Dr
Macon,  GA  31206
- 7,625 students | 38.30 Mi80 Cohen Walker Drive
Warner Robins,  GA  31088
- 1,806 students | 41.60 MiOne College Circle
Lagrange,  GA  30240
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.