Flint River Technical College (Closed 2005)
- Southern Crescent Technical College was established in July 2010 from the merger of Flint River Technical College (FRTC) and Griffin Technical College (GTC). Southern Crescent Technical College is a flagship technical college in the state, with a combined student population of over 6,500 credit students. As one of the largest technical colleges in Georgia, the two campus locations and three centers will serve the workforce and community needs of the over 500,000 citizens in the ten counties of the South Atlanta region including Butts, Fayette, Henry, Jasper, Lamar, Pike, Spalding, Talbot, Taylor, and Upson counties. The College will also serve an additional 3,500 students per quarter in Adult Education and Continuing Education programs. Southern Crescent Technical College will offer nearly 200 associate degree, diploma, and technical certificate programs to provide the trained workforce needed to help stimulate Georgia’s community and economic growth and development.
|Flint River Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's--Public Rural-serving Small||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||97%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2010 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Flint River Technical College is Gordon State College (12.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,663 students | 12.90 Mi419 College Dr
Barnesville, GA 30204
(678) 359-5555 12.903,663
- 4,905 students | 22.10 Mi501 Varsity Rd
Griffin, GA 30223
(770) 229-3327 22.104,905
- 5,780 students | 36.20 Mi100 College Station Dr
Macon, GA 31206
(478) 471-2700 36.205,780
- 226 students | 42.20 Mi7300 Blackmon Road
Columbus, GA 31909
- 1,806 students | 43.30 MiOne College Circle
Lagrange, GA 30240
(706) 845-4323 43.301,806
Learn about the dazzling jewelry programs and certificates that are available at your local community college campus.
Calling all tech-lovers! A new survey by Republic’s Center for Digital Education and Converge Online has ranked the community colleges that most effectively integrate digital technology into daily campus life.
Veteran Charles Wittington, a community college student, wrote about his killing addiction and was subsequently banned from campus. Was he entitled through free speech to express his opinion, or is campus safety more important? Weigh in on the controversy.