Flint River Technical College (Closed 2005)
- Southern Crescent Technical College was established in July 2010 from the merger of Flint River Technical College (FRTC) and Griffin Technical College (GTC). Southern Crescent Technical College is a flagship technical college in the state, with a combined student population of over 6,500 credit students. As one of the largest technical colleges in Georgia, the two campus locations and three centers will serve the workforce and community needs of the over 500,000 citizens in the ten counties of the South Atlanta region including Butts, Fayette, Henry, Jasper, Lamar, Pike, Spalding, Talbot, Taylor, and Upson counties. The College will also serve an additional 3,500 students per quarter in Adult Education and Continuing Education programs. Southern Crescent Technical College will offer nearly 200 associate degree, diploma, and technical certificate programs to provide the trained workforce needed to help stimulate Georgia’s community and economic growth and development.
|Flint River Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||-||2,588 students|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,473 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,800||$31,500|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||97%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2010 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Flint River Technical College is Gordon State College (12.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,047 students | 12.90 Mi419 College Dr
Barnesville,  GA  30204
(678) 359-5555 12.904,047
- 4,898 students | 22.10 Mi501 Varsity Rd
Griffin,  GA  30223
(770) 228-7348 22.104,898
- n/a students | 36.20 Mi100 College Station Dr
Macon,  GA  31206
(478) 471-2700 36.20n/a
- n/a students | 42.20 Mi7300 Blackmon Road
Columbus,  GA  31909
- 1,806 students | 43.30 MiOne College Circle
Lagrange,  GA  30240
(706) 845-4323 43.301,806
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
Learn how community colleges and associate degrees can lead to high paying careers.
Learn what to expect in terms of classes and student life in your first semester of community college.