Robeson Community College
Tel: (910) 272-3700
- Robeson Community College is a comprehensive, open-door two-year public institution of higher learning with a mission to enhance the lifelong educational opportunities for adults appropriate to their needs, interests, and abilities. The College achieves its mission through a commitment to quality programs and services that permit students to pursue their educational goals in a student-centered environment. Additionally, the College seeks to strengthen the diverse social, economic, and cultural opportunities for the citizens of Robeson County and surrounding region.
- The teacher population of 163 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Robeson Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||163 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,988 students||2,380 students|
|# Full-Time Students||967 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,021 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,600||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The community college movement expanded into Robeson County with establishment of an extension unit of a nearby technical institute in 1965. The unit was established at the Barker Ten-Mile Elementary School seven miles north of Lumberton. Twenty full-time curriculum students enrolled the first year. When the College became independent of Fayetteville Technical Institute three years later, it was named Robeson Technical Institute, and a local Board of Trustees comprised of eight members was appointed. Two more name changes have taken place since that time to its present name of Robeson Community College. However, the College remains committed to serving all sectors of the county with vocational, technical, college transfer, and continuing education programs. Three building phases beginning in 1972 and finishing in 1988 made the RCC campus a 187,547 square-foot facility which now houses over $2 million in equipment and 21 curriculum programs, along with a variety of continuing education programs. RCC is located in Lumberton, North Carolina. RCC is a member of North Carolina's nationally recognized community college system, serving more than 3,000 credit and 19,000 non-credit students on an annual basis. Robeson Community College is a tax-assisted, two-year public institution. It is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Most programs offered by the College have been approved for the enrollment of eligible veterans. RCC is also accredited by the North Carolina Board of Nursing, Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs and the Joint Committee for Respiratory Therapy Education, the North Carolina Board of Cosmetic Arts and Redken Laboratories in New York, New York.
- The nearest community college to Robeson Community College is Bladen Community College (12.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,334 students | 12.50 Mi7418 NC Hwy 41 West
Dublin,  NC  28332
(910) 879-5500 12.501,334
- 1,403 students | 27.00 Mi4564 Chadbourn Hwy
Whiteville,  NC  28472
(910) 642-7141 27.001,403
- 12,021 students | 27.30 Mi2201 Hull Rd
Fayetteville,  NC  28303
(910) 678-8400 27.3012,021
- 2,531 students | 42.90 Mi1042 W Hamlet Ave
Hamlet,  NC  28345
(910) 410-1700 42.902,531
- 4,016 students | 44.00 Mi3395 Airport Rd
Pinehurst,  NC  28374
(910) 692-6185 44.004,016
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.