Everest Institute-Decatur (Closed 2012)
- Everest Institute Atlanta–Decatur campus offers career training and life skills needed to excel in various chosen fields. With experienced instructors and attentive small work teams in the classroom, students And the great thing about leaning in an "Everest Institute" environment is that you get to hone your skills by practicing in the real-world environment we provide. Everest instructors will help you learn more efficiently by providing you with active personal participation during training, rather than just sitting in a lecture room. Our classes are designed to get you involved by applying the skills you learn by practicing in a real-world environment. Students work in small work teams encouraging group discussion and receiving specialized attention to each group. This allows instructors to move throughout the room and talk with groups and students one-on-one, and it encourages a practice of teamwork and cooperation among students, just as it will be required when transitioning into their professional environments.
|Everest Institute-Decatur||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Number of Programs Offered||8||10|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,200||$29,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$9,500||$9,775|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$4,652||$4,490|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2010)||32%||71%|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Everest Institute-Decatur is Gupton Jones College of Funeral Service (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 162 students | 1.90 Mi5141 Snapfinger Woods Dr
Decatur,  GA  30035
- 21,371 students | 4.00 Mi3251 Panthersville Rd
Decatur,  GA  30034
- 4,050 students | 5.30 Mi495 N Indian Creek Dr
Clarkston,  GA  30021
- 1,170 students | 8.70 Mi1927 Lakeside Parkway
Tucker,  GA  30084
- 7,022 students | 10.80 Mi2000 Clayton State Boulevard
Morrow,  GA  30260
As careers in science, technology, engineering, and math become more prevalent, community colleges are shifting their focus to meet demand and secure their place in a rapidly changing educational landscape.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.