Everest Institute-Decatur (Closed 2012)
- Everest Institute Atlanta–Decatur campus offers career training and life skills needed to excel in various chosen fields. With experienced instructors and attentive small work teams in the classroom, students And the great thing about leaning in an "Everest Institute" environment is that you get to hone your skills by practicing in the real-world environment we provide. Everest instructors will help you learn more efficiently by providing you with active personal participation during training, rather than just sitting in a lecture room. Our classes are designed to get you involved by applying the skills you learn by practicing in a real-world environment. Students work in small work teams encouraging group discussion and receiving specialized attention to each group. This allows instructors to move throughout the room and talk with groups and students one-on-one, and it encourages a practice of teamwork and cooperation among students, just as it will be required when transitioning into their professional environments.
|Everest Institute-Decatur||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Number of Programs Offered||8||10|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,200||$29,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$9,500||$9,775|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$4,652||$4,490|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2010)||32%||71%|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Everest Institute-Decatur is Gupton Jones College of Funeral Service (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 162 students | 1.90 Mi5141 Snapfinger Woods Dr
Decatur,  GA  30035
- 21,371 students | 4.00 Mi3251 Panthersville Rd
Decatur,  GA  30034
- 4,050 students | 5.30 Mi495 N Indian Creek Dr
Clarkston,  GA  30021
- 1,170 students | 8.70 Mi1927 Lakeside Parkway
Tucker,  GA  30084
- 7,022 students | 10.80 Mi2000 Clayton State Boulevard
Morrow,  GA  30260
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.