Everest Institute-Decatur (Closed 2012)
- Everest Institute Atlanta–Decatur campus offers career training and life skills needed to excel in various chosen fields. With experienced instructors and attentive small work teams in the classroom, students And the great thing about leaning in an "Everest Institute" environment is that you get to hone your skills by practicing in the real-world environment we provide. Everest instructors will help you learn more efficiently by providing you with active personal participation during training, rather than just sitting in a lecture room. Our classes are designed to get you involved by applying the skills you learn by practicing in a real-world environment. Students work in small work teams encouraging group discussion and receiving specialized attention to each group. This allows instructors to move throughout the room and talk with groups and students one-on-one, and it encourages a practice of teamwork and cooperation among students, just as it will be required when transitioning into their professional environments.
|Everest Institute-Decatur||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Number of Programs Offered||8||10|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,200||$29,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$9,500||$9,775|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$4,652||$4,490|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2010)||32%||71%|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Everest Institute-Decatur is Gupton Jones College of Funeral Service (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 162 students | 1.90 Mi5141 Snapfinger Woods Dr
Decatur,  GA  30035
- 21,371 students | 4.10 Mi3251 Panthersville Rd
Decatur,  GA  30034
- 4,050 students | 5.30 Mi495 N Indian Creek Dr
Clarkston,  GA  30021
- 1,170 students | 8.70 Mi1927 Lakeside Parkway
Tucker,  GA  30084
- 686 students | 10.40 Mi50 Hurt Plaza SE Suite 400
Atlanta,  GA  30303
College is expensive. There is no way around it. But you can save money by attending community college as long as you avoid these top six financial aid mistakes.
Are you taking full advantage of scholarships? Use these 7 smart tips when applying for your scholarships, whether need or merit-based awards, as well as those for individuals from certain ethnic, religious, or socioeconomic groups. Increase your chances of being awarded scholarships!
The coronavirus pandemic has changed the 2019-20 school year for over 14 million college students. Read on to learn the impact of COVID-19 on current students and how colleges around the country are reacting.