Elmira Business Institute
- EBI's mission is to provide educational and employment opportunities through concentrated, highly structured programs of study that prepare students for entry-level positions. For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, http://www.ebi-college.com/disclosures.php
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 30% over five years.
|Elmira Business Institute||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||23 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||205 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||205 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||83 students||538 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$22,800||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Elmira Business Institute is a privately owned business college offering degree and certificate programs. Elmira Business Institute has been training men and women in business, vocational and office skills for over 145 years. EBI began as Elmira Business and Shorthand College in 1858. A.J. Warner, the president of this brand new venture in postsecondary education, located his classrooms on the corner of Lake and Water Streets, just a few blocks from the present home of EBI. We have been at our present location at Langdon Plaza since June 1999. The new state-of-the-art facilities built to accommodate increases in student population and to provide classrooms and labs for new developing technology and programs. EBI opened our branch campus in Vestal, NY in May 2003. Elmira Business Institute is approved by the New York Board of Regents to confer the Associate in Occupational Studies Degree (A.O.S.). The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- The nearest community college to Elmira Business Institute is Corning Community College (13.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,520 students | 13.90 Mi1 Academic Dr
Corning,  NY  14830
- 5,559 students | 39.00 Mi170 North St
Dryden,  NY  13053
- 6,924 students | 46.40 Mi907 Upper Front St
Binghamton,  NY  13905
- 5,514 students | 51.50 MiOne College Avenue
Williamsport,  PA  17701
- 3,661 students | 51.80 Mi10 Upper College Drive
Alfred,  NY  14802
A career in healthcare is rewarding, recession-proof, and financially lucrative. Consider the 10 hottest healthcare careers today that can be started right from community college.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.