Elmira Business Institute
- EBI's mission is to provide educational and employment opportunities through concentrated, highly structured programs of study that prepare students for entry-level positions. For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, http://www.ebi-college.com/disclosures.php
The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 30% over five years.
|Elmira Business Institute||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||23 staff||85 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Elmira Business Institute is a privately owned business college offering degree and certificate programs. Elmira Business Institute has been training men and women in business, vocational and office skills for over 145 years. EBI began as Elmira Business and Shorthand College in 1858. A.J. Warner, the president of this brand new venture in postsecondary education, located his classrooms on the corner of Lake and Water Streets, just a few blocks from the present home of EBI. We have been at our present location at Langdon Plaza since June 1999. The new state-of-the-art facilities built to accommodate increases in student population and to provide classrooms and labs for new developing technology and programs. EBI opened our branch campus in Vestal, NY in May 2003. Elmira Business Institute is approved by the New York Board of Regents to confer the Associate in Occupational Studies Degree (A.O.S.). The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
The nearest community college to Elmira Business Institute is Corning Community College (13.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,424 students | 13.90 Mi1 Academic Dr
Corning,  NY  14830
(607) 962-9011 13.903,424
- 2,373 students | 39.00 Mi170 North St
Dryden,  NY  13053
(607) 844-8211 39.002,373
- 6,507 students | 46.40 Mi907 Upper Front St
Binghamton,  NY  13905
(607) 778-5000 46.406,507
- 4,981 students | 51.50 MiOne College Avenue
Williamsport,  PA  17701
(800) 367-9222 51.504,981
- 3,780 students | 51.80 Mi10 Upper College Drive
Alfred,  NY  14802
(800) 425-3733 51.803,780
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.