- EBI's mission is to provide educational and employment opportunities through concentrated, highly structured programs of study that prepare students for entry-level positions. For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, http://www.ebi-college.com/disclosures.php
Elmira Business Institute serves 23 students (61% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 2:1 is lower than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 51% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 57%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 23 students
- Private-state tuition: $21,700
- Student:teacher ratio: 2:1
- Minority enrollment: 51%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Elmira Business Institute ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 57% over five years.
Elmira Business Institute
(NY) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Elmira Business Institute has declined by 88% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 2:1 has decreased from 7:1 over five years.
The Elmira Business Institute diversity score of 0.73 is more than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has grown by 28% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $21,700 is more than the state average of $16,274. The private state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Elmira Business Institute is a privately owned business college offering degree and certificate programs. Elmira Business Institute has been training men and women in business, vocational and office skills for over 145 years. EBI began as Elmira Business and Shorthand College in 1858. A.J. Warner, the president of this brand new venture in postsecondary education, located his classrooms on the corner of Lake and Water Streets, just a few blocks from the present home of EBI. We have been at our present location at Langdon Plaza since June 1999. The new state-of-the-art facilities built to accommodate increases in student population and to provide classrooms and labs for new developing technology and programs. EBI opened our branch campus in Vestal, NY in May 2003. Elmira Business Institute is approved by the New York Board of Regents to confer the Associate in Occupational Studies Degree (A.O.S.). The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Elmira Business Institute cost?
Elmira Business Institute's private state tuition is approximately $21,700.
What is Elmira Business Institute's ranking?
Elmira Business Institute ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Diversity in US community colleges and Percent of students receiving financial aid.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.