- Arkansas State University Mid-South is a rapidly-evolving, forward-looking public two-year institution located in West Memphis, Arkansas. An open-door admission policy, service to the citizens of Crittenden County and surrounding areas, and high-quality, affordable education best describe our college and the community mandate we serve.
Arkansas State University Mid-South serves 1,203 students (23% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is lower than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 64% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 34%.
- Enrollment: 1,203 students
- In-state tuition: $2,688
- Out-state tuition: $3,648
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 64%
- Source: Verified school update
The teacher population of 162 teachers has grown by 118% over five years.
Arkansas State University Mid-South
(AR) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Arkansas State University Mid-South has declined by 22% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five years.
The Arkansas State University Mid-South diversity score of 0.53 is equal to the state average of 0.53. The school's diversity has declined by 6% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,688 is less than the state average of $2,994. The in-state tuition has declined by 14% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $3,648 is less than the state average of $4,750. The out-state tuition has declined by 11% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
Based on 24 hours in an academic year.
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Total Sports Offered
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- The centerpiece of our campus is the Donald W. Reynolds Center for Educational Excellence which houses an ever-expanding Library Media Center, a technologically-intense Dr. Barbara C. Baxter Learning Success Center, a state-of-the-art and award-winning multimedia conference room, food service area and bookstore, as well as a myriad of other student support functions. Work-based Learning with hands-on job training is offered to students enrolled in a technical program and who intend to enter the job market upon graduation. Students, while in their last semester of college, participate in the Work-Based Learning Program to prepare them for a position in their chosen field. Arkansas State University Mid-South offers web-based courses in Campus Cruiser for students who want to take classes but have time restraints preventing them from attending classes on campus. We offer computer, history, English, and criminal justice classes online for our students. Arkansas State University Mid-South is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The Adult Education program offers free GED classes, basic skills classes, and computer literacy classes on site at companies or at the College.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Arkansas State University Mid-South cost?
Arkansas State University Mid-South's tuition is approximately $2,688 for In-State students and $3,648 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Arkansas State University Mid-South?
The acceptance rate of Arkansas State University Mid-South is 100%, which is equal to the state average of 100%.
What sports does Arkansas State University Mid-South offer?
Arkansas State University Mid-South offers 1 interscholastic sports: Basketball.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.
Careers: Culinary Training
Learn about highly acclaimed culinary programs at community colleges.