Arkansas State University Mid-South
Tel: (870) 733-6722
- Arkansas State University Mid-South is a rapidly-evolving, forward-looking public two-year institution located in West Memphis, Arkansas. An open-door admission policy, service to the citizens of Crittenden County and surrounding areas, and high-quality, affordable education best describe our college and the community mandate we serve.
The teacher population of 144 teachers has grown by 16% over five years.
|Arkansas State University Mid-South||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||144 staff||62 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The centerpiece of our campus is the Donald W. Reynolds Center for Educational Excellence which houses an ever-expanding Library Media Center, a technologically-intense Dr. Barbara C. Baxter Learning Success Center, a state-of-the-art and award-winning multimedia conference room, food service area and bookstore, as well as a myriad of other student support functions. Work-based Learning with hands-on job training is offered to students enrolled in a technical program and who intend to enter the job market upon graduation. Students, while in their last semester of college, participate in the Work-Based Learning Program to prepare them for a position in their chosen field. Arkansas State University Mid-South offers web-based courses in Campus Cruiser for students who want to take classes but have time restraints preventing them from attending classes on campus. We offer computer, history, English, and criminal justice classes online for our students. Arkansas State University Mid-South is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The Adult Education program offers free GED classes, basic skills classes, and computer literacy classes on site at companies or at the College.
The nearest community college to Arkansas State University Mid-South is Southwest Tennessee Community College (10.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,347 students | 10.50 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103
(901) 333-5000 10.509,347
- 276 students | 11.40 Mi1200 Poplar Ave
Memphis, TN 38104
(901) 726-1977 11.40276
- 611 students | 14.10 Mi2710 Nonconnah Blvd
Memphis, TN 38132
(901) 291-4239 14.10611
- 1,394 students | 18.80 Mi5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132
Memphis, TN 38137
(901) 761-9494 18.801,394
- 1,151 students | 31.60 Mi1700 Newcastle Rd
Forrest City, AR 72335
(870) 633-4480 31.601,151
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.