Arkansas State University Mid-South
- Arkansas State University Mid-South is a rapidly-evolving, forward-looking public two-year institution located in West Memphis, Arkansas. An open-door admission policy, service to the citizens of Crittenden County and surrounding areas, and high-quality, affordable education best describe our college and the community mandate we serve.
- The teacher population of 144 teachers has grown by 94% over five years.
|Arkansas State University Mid-South||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||144 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,561 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||437 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,124 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,800||$28,600|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The centerpiece of our campus is the Donald W. Reynolds Center for Educational Excellence which houses an ever-expanding Library Media Center, a technologically-intense Dr. Barbara C. Baxter Learning Success Center, a state-of-the-art and award-winning multimedia conference room, food service area and bookstore, as well as a myriad of other student support functions. Work-based Learning with hands-on job training is offered to students enrolled in a technical program and who intend to enter the job market upon graduation. Students, while in their last semester of college, participate in the Work-Based Learning Program to prepare them for a position in their chosen field. Arkansas State University Mid-South offers web-based courses in Campus Cruiser for students who want to take classes but have time restraints preventing them from attending classes on campus. We offer computer, history, English, and criminal justice classes online for our students. Arkansas State University Mid-South is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The Adult Education program offers free GED classes, basic skills classes, and computer literacy classes on site at companies or at the College.
- The nearest community college to Arkansas State University Mid-South is Southwest Tennessee Community College (10.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,227 students | 10.40 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis,  TN  38103
- 1,170 students | 10.90 Mi1003 Monroe Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
- 249 students | 11.40 Mi1200 Poplar Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
- 667 students | 13.20 Mi2655 Dividend Drive
Memphis,  TN  38132
- 633 students | 14.10 Mi2710 Nonconnah Blvd
Memphis,  TN  38132
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.