Du Bois Business College-Du Bois (Closed 2016)
- The DuBois Business College is a private college with campuses in DuBois, Oil City, and Huntingdon, Pennsylvania. The mission of the college is to provide quality education that is effective for a successful business career.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Du Bois Business College-Du Bois||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||90 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||87 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,900||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The institution of higher learning opened in DuBois in 1885 and was then known as the DuBois College of Business. The DuBois Business College can claim the honorable distinction of being the first, and in 1905, the only strictly Business School in America to add a Home Department and provide students with the means of a healthful and good environment while attending school. The current main campus facility is located at One Beaver Drive, DuBois. The College campus occupies 4.1 acres of land, which was granted to the College by the City of DuBois. This pleasant environment consists of classrooms, computer labs, a student lounge, library, conference room, and administrative offices. The College interior is decorated and color coordinated through?out to provide a professional office atmosphere for students studying at DBC. The college offers degree programs in Accounting/Business Administration, Administrative Medical Assistant, Computer Applications/ Management, Entertainment Production Business, Executive Assistant, Information Systems Support Technician and Legal Assistant. The college offers diploma in Office Assistant, Computer Systems Support Technician and Accounting Assistant. This friendly community offers the students a healthy mountain setting, cultural activities, and the employment opportunities of a metropolitan area. Our city offers a wide variety of activities for students while attending DuBois Business College.
- The nearest community college to Du Bois Business College-Du Bois is Pennsylvania State University-Penn State DuBois (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 615 students | 1.50 Mi1 College Place
Du Bois,  PA  15801
- 147 students | 2.70 Mi225 Tannery Row Road
Falls Creek,  PA  15840
- 95 students | 39.90 Mi422 S 13th St
Indiana,  PA  15701
- 29 students | 50.00 MiOil City Campus 701 East Third Street
Oil City,  PA  16301
- 906 students | 51.70 Mi500 Innovation Drive
Blairsville,  PA  15717
Make sure you don't become part of a community college "dropout factory" by considering these 10 factors when choosing a community college.
In an effort to compete with for-profit schools, New York community colleges have launched an alliance to offer distance learning to make classes more accessible to students.
The coronavirus pandemic has changed the 2019-20 school year for over 14 million college students. Read on to learn the impact of COVID-19 on current students and how colleges around the country are reacting.