Texas State Technical College-Harlingen
Tel: (956) 364-4000
- Texas State Technical College (TSTC) was established in 1965 as the James Connally Technical Institute (JCTI) of Texas A & M University to meet the stateï¿½s evolving workforce needs. This College was located in Central Texas at the former James Connally Air Force Base in Waco. At the time, Governor John Connally predicted that it would be ï¿½the most sophisticated technical-vocational institute in the country.ï¿½
The teacher population of 177 teachers has declined by 40% over five years.
|Texas State Technical College-Harlingen||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||177 staff||262 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Today, the Texas State Technical College System includes four colleges: TSTC Harlingen, TSTC Marshall, TSTC Waco, and TSTC West Texas, which has campuses in Abilene, Breckenridge, Brownwood, and Sweetwater. More than 10,000 students attend TSTC in credit programs alone. TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. With a statewide role and mission, TSTC is efficiently and effectively helping Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today's global economy in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. TSTC has high graduation rates, exceptional graduate success rates, and an outstanding record in graduating individuals from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. Since 1969, the college have focused on technical skills that prepare students for productive careers. Our graduates gain knowledge and skills in more than 30 study areas in engineering, computer information, industrial-manufacturing, health care and general education. TSTC Harlingen offers academic courses to prepare those in the Associate degree programs for academic and future career success with a variety of transferable general education courses in English, math, general psychology, humanities, technical writing and business writing. TSTC Harlingen has certificate and Associate degree programs to help you on your path to a successful future in the career field that most interests you. Technical Programs at TSTC Harlingen includes Agriculture, Information Technology & Telecommunications, Engineering & Manufacturing, Health & Sciences, Business, Commerce & Service and Transportation & Aviation.
The nearest community college to Texas State Technical College-Harlingen is The University of Texas at Brownsville (7.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,943 students | 7.10 MiOne West University Boulevard
Brownsville, TX 78520
(956) 882-8201 7.1011,943
- 33,054 students | 36.50 Mi3201 W Pecan
McAllen, TX 78502
(956) 872-8311 36.5033,054
- 12,008 students | 105.40 Mi101 Baldwin Blvd.
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
(361) 698-1200 105.4012,008
- 10,200 students | 143.20 MiWest End Washington St
Laredo, TX 78040
(956) 721-5140 143.2010,200
- 2,189 students | 150.70 Mi3800 Charco Rd
Beeville, TX 78102
(361) 354-2200 150.702,189
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.